Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #1

Bedroom slide leaking hyd fluid

2001 Winnabego 35U Adventurer-
My problem is when I open & close the bedroom slide I got hyd fluid leaking down the gas tank -Looks like hyd line goes over gas tank but is somehow clamped with the other lines maybe the Genny hose ,not sure anyhow has anyone changed these hoses? are there two hoses or one?-are they accessable
or does the slide have to be open to see where hose goes in or is there an access door-sure could use some input on this one THANKS Rich
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2020, 12:54 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
A couple of years ago, one of our members, AKIQPilot, posted a detailed procedure how he fixed his bedroom slide leaky hose. I saved it as a pdf and just now uploaded it to my web page so you can download it. At the top is the irv2 reference. Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...WExNjBiNzYzZjM
Good luck,
Bill
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:54 AM   #3

Good article, wish a u-tube was made I don't even know where the hoses go so far, maybe a little more searching this weekend, wonder if new hose couldn't be placed over tank and just leave old line there, why drop tank if new one can be zip tied to old one-??????--Rich
Old 04-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree cut the ends off the old hose and reroute the new hose, even if you have to make it longer to go in front or rear of the tank6-+0ft of hose to me is way less labor intense.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #5

….Std HWH hose replacement method at the factory is to abandon the old hose and reroute the new hose to expedite installation....I've DIYed it this way several times....chances are you can't get the old hose[s] out anyway.... slide mechanisms vary by make and model of RV, eg, if its a single cylinder slide, there are two hoses; if two cylinder slide, then an equalizer tube is used and four hoses go to the cylinders [2 each]….many times, you will have larger hoses traversing from pump [longer length], then smaller hoses [short length] connected to the cylinder[s]...the connectors between the larger and smaller hoses often spring leaks....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I had an 01 Adveturer 35U. I took it to La Mesa for some warranty work for some other issue(don't recall what) and they found a recall on the hydraulic hose that operates that slide and replaced it. I wasn't having an issue with that hose at the time, but they replaced it under the recall.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:48 PM   #7

Boy would that be the cats meow if my 2000 is covered a recall on bedroom slide hose--Who would I contact to find out if my slide hose is a recall ??? If it is a recall do you go to your local dealer or back to Decatur to have it replaced ?? TKS Rich
Old 04-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I would check with Winnebago first.

Tags
fluid, leak, slide