RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2020, 01:48 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Belly air help

I am having issues with my belly heating and air, and would appreciate any info on who best to contact about working on my issue. Do I go with an RV mobile guy or do I contact a heating and air conditioner co? It is making a lot of noise, sounds like a fan knocking, but I am not that mechanical and do need a professional. Thanks for any and all help.

2005 Winnebago Journey 39F
2015 Equinox AWD

boltdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
First, I'd read Duner's posts on what is involved in the effort.
Either a mobile guy or an A/C person can do it. Find one who is willing too, and I add also done it before. Getting the duct work sealed back up properly is very important.

The exterior fan motor in my 06 Journey 36G gave up the ghost two years ago. I didn't have the time or the space to attempt the repair so I contacted my local repair guy do the job- I felt lucky to get in since it was the heat of the summer.

A lot of the cost is labor to remove unit to gain access and reinstall. I bit the bullet and also had him replace the interior fan motor, plus the shaft bearings, and the capacitors. Not real cheap, but cheap compared to the labor to r and r the unit.

Just my experience. Good luck and safe travels.

JPO1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:54 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Dealer.. $$$$ Finding one that knows what they are doing, iffy!
AC Shop......$$$ if you can find one who will work on a RV
Handyman.....$$ only if experienced on RVs and ACs
DIY ................$ see above.

Good Luck in your repairs, please post back with the out come.

Thanks
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltdave View Post
I am having issues with my belly heating and air, and would appreciate any info on who best to contact about working on my issue. Do I go with an RV mobile guy or do I contact a heating and air conditioner co? It is making a lot of noise, sounds like a fan knocking, but I am not that mechanical and do need a professional. Thanks for any and all help.
2005 Winnebago Journey 39F
2015 Equinox AWD
This reading material will be educational:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...zBiZTYxYzU5ZWQ

After reading Duner/Bill Elsenpeter's step by step instructions, the service manual makes more sense when reading the contents.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...GI4N2U4N2MzODE

My only advice on who to contact would be to begin contacting smaller HVAC firms and explaing your basement air conditioner/heat pump is the same as a residential unit with one exception. It has 2 120VAC compressor units instead of 1 large 240VAC compressor.
If you wish, PM me and I'll send you all my basement unit links.
This utube video gives viewers an idea of what to expect on the electrical side:
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:34 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes, your problem sounds just like mine back in 2008. You don't need to be an A/C guy to change out the old metal squirrel cage on the outdoor blower and install the new composite plastic blower. Also change out the two brass bearings to sealed ball bearing. Mine has been working great since my repair 2008 and I've fulltiming since then. It runs real quite with that new squirrel cage design.
Good luck,
Bill
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:34 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Check at https://www.airxcel.com/rv/coleman-m...ervice-locator to find authorized service locations. Watch the codes to find one that does the basement units. Then call ahead to verify they do service them.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Contact Coleman-Mach, and they will recommend a service location

lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air