Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #1

Best Dealer for Warranty Service in Tampa Bay Area

I have a 2011 Winnebago that I purchased out of state, but live in Tampa Bay Area. I need some warranty work done and am considering area dealers. Of course LazyDays is the most convenient, as is Harbersons, but I have no experience with either. I would appreciate any advice on dealers within 2-3 hours of Tampa. My repairs are fairly minor, shouldn't require parts. I hear these stories of owners spending days or weeks waiting for repairs, or being shunned because they didn't buy their vehicle at the serving dealer. I am a newbie so I have no idea what to expect, but have learned so much from this forum, so hoping to tap others' experience. Thanks!

Guido
2011 Winnebago Vista
11595gulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Guido,
Lazy Days will get the job done. They are a very large operation and waiting times can be very long. They have a very comfortable waiting area.

Sun Coast in Orlando can also get the work done, but they are over an hour away. I have used both and would use them again.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have used RV MeDIC on Busch BLDV several times. Johnny owns the company they do very good work. we wouldn't consider having work on our RV done any where else. Prompt service, resonable prices and they fix things, not just try to sell you a replacement!
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
If your living in your coach, Lazydays might be your better choice. They allow you to live in your coach when they are not working on it, ie overnight. When they are working on it they have a comfortable lounge area and a cafeteria that serves a modest lunch (no choices only one offering). If you don't like what they offer you can walk accross the parking lot to Cracker Barrel for your meal.

I will admit I purchased my coach from then. It did take a little while getting some agreed on repairs done, but they did finish to my satification.

I recently had a problem with my kicthen slide not opening properly. Took it to them and had it repaired under extended warrenty. No hassel, no problem.

If you check posts on Lazydays you'll find both good and bad. So far I've got to rate them as good in my experance.

Their are large with a good parts and labor supply, so chances of getting service completed in a reasonable time should be good.

Would I go there again? Yes.

Would I go to Harbersons? Yes.

Will someone say something aginst LD? Just wait.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #5

I had a pleasant experience with Coachworx in Clearwater. Not sure if they'll do Winnie warranty work but their lot is full of Prevost.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service