Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Well now the really slow jack on the drivers side will not come up all the way. So the alarm rings constantly and you can't turn it off and lower the other ones. Nothing with the jacks works now. Any suggestions that would make a quick fix!!! Probably have to go the HWH.
Chandler Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Well now the really slow jack on the drivers side will not come up all the way. So the alarm rings constantly and you can't turn it off and lower the other ones. Nothing with the jacks works now. Any suggestions that would make a quick fix!!! Probably have to go the HWH.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You can assist the jack with a board or a pry bar of sorts long enough to reach a few feet past the jack and lift up on your end and you should be able to lift the lazy jack into the stored position. I use a flat blade shovel about four or four and a half foot long to assist when my lazy right rear jack decides to be real slow.

Bob

"on order"
Old 10-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hubby used a small tire jack and all it did was lift up the rv. Still not stored.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Does the pump motor run when you cycle the switch? If not, give the motor and electrical solenoids on the pump motor a "love" tap with a wrench or hammer, not the hyd solenoids that are lined up four in a row above the motor. Have you backed off the bleed screws on the jack hydraulic solenoids? Don't turn them more than 3 1/2 turns, (the book says no more than 4 turns). If that doesn't allow the jack to come up, assuming your springs are OK, crack the hydraulic lines on the back of the solenoids to relieve pressure (use two wrenches and loosen the connection until fluid squirts out - messy but it works - use cardboard and a lot of paper towels to catch the mess). They will come up then. Jacking the jack or prying it up does not always overcome the problem
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Agree with Bob. I have had several times in my prior coach where the jack would not retract, so I used a 2x4 to lever the jack back up in position. Then could air the coach up and drive home (or to the repair shop).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I had a similar problem with one of my rear jacks. When I told the dealer about it he told me all they do is wipe the piston down with a rag soaked in automatic transmission fluid. I tried it and it worked fine after that. Just make sure you wipe it clean after so that dirt won't stick to it.
Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

If you have a 8ton jack and blocks jack up axel on side you have non funtion jack. Place blocks under jack and keep dropping down on blocks until jack is in retract position.
What has happened the O rings inside of jack cylinder have twisted binding the piston.

HWH jack

More info HWH jack

You may have to replace jack or get it fix locally the link in second link tells you how to replace.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote