Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
When we had the rig in to the dealer a couple of weeks ago for some other items, I had them replace the black tank dump valve as it was seeping liquid. My initial conversation with the service writer led me to believe they would have to removed the metal plates in the water service compartment to get to the valve. They successfully replaced the valve ...I didn't ask how, but I do recall the service guy telling me even their smallest guy had trouble getting to it. Today I was in the storage compartment immediately in front of the water service compartment, and I noticed a very nice looking "patch" on the wall of the compartment. It is a similar material to the cloth covered compartment walls, screwed into place, apx 10" square, almost at the floor of the compartment, and apx 18" in from the outside. Apparently, in order to get to the valve, they cut a hole in the wall of the storage compartment!!!

Has anyone had a dump valve replaced? ...and if so, do you know how they accessed it?
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
When we had the rig in to the dealer a couple of weeks ago for some other items, I had them replace the black tank dump valve as it was seeping liquid. My initial conversation with the service writer led me to believe they would have to removed the metal plates in the water service compartment to get to the valve. They successfully replaced the valve ...I didn't ask how, but I do recall the service guy telling me even their smallest guy had trouble getting to it. Today I was in the storage compartment immediately in front of the water service compartment, and I noticed a very nice looking "patch" on the wall of the compartment. It is a similar material to the cloth covered compartment walls, screwed into place, apx 10" square, almost at the floor of the compartment, and apx 18" in from the outside. Apparently, in order to get to the valve, they cut a hole in the wall of the storage compartment!!!

Has anyone had a dump valve replaced? ...and if so, do you know how they accessed it?
Old 03-10-2006, 05:29 AM   #3

I have replaced the black valve a couple of times, and the grey once. The black valve seems to get bound up and becomes hard to operate.

I removed the panel in the compartment in front of the water compartment. It is easy to remove so I don't understand why the dealer would make a hole in the panel as I am sure it would take longer to make the hole than to remove the panel.

In the future if you need to replace the gray valve you will need to remove the complete "T" assembly. There are boots connecting the "T" to the tank. I found it best to remove the assembly, replace the gray valve, reinstall minus the black valve, then install the black valve.

It took about 2 1/2 hours to replace both valves, but now that I know how I would say it would take about 2 hours.

2003 Ultimate Advantage
Ptribbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:31 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I removed the panel in the compartment in front of the water compartment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pat

I don't know which '03 UA model you have, but I imagine the basement compartments would be the same. The compartment immediately in front of the water compartment is the one that runs side to side. I think the wall panel are in a few pieces. They may have done with cutting a hole because I installed a shelf all the way across the compartment and didn't pay attention to panel seams when I put the support runner all the way across. It all comes out easily, but they would have had to unload the shelf and compartment on that side and unscrew part of the shelf support runner ...probably looked like too much work. If they had mentioned they wanted access from there I could have unloaded what they needed in a few minutes.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #5

We have the model 40K, but as you say I am sure the basement if probably the same.

Advise if I can be of any further help.

2003 Ultimate Advantage
Ptribbey is offline   Reply With Quote