RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2020, 06:38 AM   #1

Black water sensor not working - the external type

2005 Outlook.

The fluid level sensors are mounted on the outside of the tank. The black water seems to be inoperative. When the tanks are empty, all the lights except the bottom one are out. Now, the lights are staying out, no matter how much liquid is in the tank.

Now, if the tank was dirty, with stuff stuck to the inside, wouldn't it follow that the lights would be on all the time?

I was wondering if any of you have had experience with these eternally mounted sensors, and what you did to fix them.

The photo is just for reference, right now, both tanks are empty.

https://imgur.com/a/1mm83hb
MurphyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2020, 07:15 AM   #2

I have never had an rv, TT or MH that the black or gray tank sensors worked on. If anyone has a fool proof way to remedy this I would also appreciate the advice.
David 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 70 View Post
I have never had an rv, TT or MH that the black or gray tank sensors worked on. If anyone has a fool proof way to remedy this I would also appreciate the advice.
For the first 14 years of our motorhome's life, they worked fine. It's just the last year or so that they have gone bad.
MurphyMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water