Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Broken sliding window latch

Has anyone had to replace a broken window latch? This is on our forward emergency slider; broke it yesterday.

Hoping for some suggestions since the latch is riveted in place. I could muddle through it but thought someone else might have suggestions to make the job a little less difficult.

Click image for larger version

Name:	latch1.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	220718Click image for larger version

Name:	latch2.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	220719

I'll be in touch with Winnebago for the part.

TIA
lymanlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2018, 06:03 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
You can buy the new plastic piece, you drill out the rivet on the old piece, and the new one comes with a Bolt & Nut. Sometimes when I install them the nut will stay snug, I've got another one where the nut keeps wanting to back off. Not a big deal to remove the old one and install the new one. I've had one or two get broken when someone tried to shut the window with the latch in the wrong position. Another I had to force and break to get in the coach when the door latch wouldn't work. So I am glad they are plastic.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:00 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Yes, please post part number and price.

i've got two broken for a while and have been using a stick to hold them closed.
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
There a guy on IRV2 that sell metal ones, if you have access to a 3D printer you can print one (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2844697) .
Old 09-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Mine look like your picture, but mine are black. I normally order from Lichtsinn Motors up the street from the Winnebago Factory in Forest City. They will ask for your s/n to ensure you're getting the correct part. Last time I ordered a couple of years ago they were approximately $10 each plus shipping. Mine takes "Latch Kit, 112975-01-700"
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all the great information. Sorry to be so late in replying but I've been out of the country for a bit. I'll be ordering the part today!

Cheers.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, bad news. Lichtsinn no longer has these latches. Their only suggestion was to do an online search for part number B801-CK.

Though that search I found https://pnwtool.com/Prestashop/index...submit_search= which is the person machining these latches (and other RV parts). I'm waiting for a reply to verify the part number but it looks like this is THE only solution. I've called a number of other sources from the internet and there was no one who had these in stock.

Fingers crossed...
Old 04-12-2019, 09:43 PM   #8

More information on this latch:https://www.upcindex.com/19372804727
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window