Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #1

Cambria thoughts.

I realize this hasn't been in production for a while. I did an IRV2 search but most posts are 17 and older. What I got out of it was generally good. There's a possibility I'll look at a 2017 27K in a week or so and wondering how owner's feel about it. I'm researching a variety of potential C for future use and this seems to hit most of the marks. Are there any particular things to look for that might be a red flag or problematic?
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2021, 09:55 AM   #2
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
Liked our 2015 aspect 27K. Live ability with two adults and 3 dogs was good. Driving was real good. Performance in Rocky Mountains was good. Pulling Lincoln MKX. Thousands of miles in it with family and dogs.
Standard cruise speed was 62 MPH.
In my opinion the Aspect and Cambria are some of the very best looking coaches made.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:06 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I had a 2008 27K and enjoyed it, but it was very limiting in terms of bringing along stuff. Like any Class C, there is not much outside storage and in particular storage for items that are both long and wide like normal lawn chairs is a problem. I ended up using it about 2 years and then upgrading to a Vista 27N which was the same length but with massive basement storage of over 100 square feet.

The other gripe I had was the basic RV single type foam folding mattress, not comfortable. The Vista 27N has a residential quality innerspring non-folding mattress.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat_ras View Post
I had a 2008 27K and enjoyed it, but it was very limiting in terms of bringing along stuff. Like any Class C, there is not much outside storage and in particular storage for items that are both long and wide like normal lawn chairs is a problem. I ended up using it about 2 years and then upgrading to a Vista 27N which was the same length but with massive basement storage of over 100 square feet.

The other gripe I had was the basic RV single type foam folding mattress, not comfortable. The Vista 27N has a residential quality innerspring non-folding mattress.
Curious about that folding comment. The bed is not in a slide so why would the mattress be a folding type? I know that RV sized mattress as compared to residential mattress has fewer options with greater $$$ pricing. BUT finding a residential queen in a C is difficult especially in shorter lengths.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:40 PM   #5
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
But the out side storage increase a lot when they move the bed was moved from sild out to the north south centerling of the coach. That opened a large rear trunk up. I nver had any problems with storage.
In our Cambria 30K storage was limited. The tow used for a lot of items.
The bed was in a push out.
But from 2015 to production end in the 27 and the 30 you had the very large trunk. You need to adjust the air struts
Old 02-20-2021, 09:32 PM   #6

Towing capacity

I've seen different figures for the Cambria towing capacity. 5000 and 7500#. Every E-450 motorhome I've researched has 7500 tow and hitch capacity but I've seen some ads for the Cambria and Aspect that state 5000. Which is correct? If 5000 what is it about the hitch that's limited? I planned to use the toad to carry some bulky stuff. My toad is planning to be a 2020 Ram 1500 which weighs around 5000-5200 according to what I've researched. Haven't weighed it to know for sure.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
But the out side storage increase a lot when they move the bed was moved from sild out to the north south centerling of the coach. That opened a large rear trunk up. I nver had any problems with storage.
In our Cambria 30K storage was limited. The tow used for a lot of items.
The bed was in a push out.
But from 2015 to production end in the 27 and the 30 you had the very large trunk. You need to adjust the air struts
Thanks I'm concentrating my search on 17 and newer to get the 6 Spd transmission so haven't looked at older floor plan arrangements. I'll take a look at some for reference. 6 speed came out in 16, as I understand, but sometimes RV manufacturers buy a quantity of chassis and use them up before getting more. Example was my 2007 Itasca Horizon which was built on a 2006 chassis. 06 chassis had neither DPF or DEF. In a Cambria it's possible a 2016 could have either transmission.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:16 PM   #8

Update on viewing

We looked at the 27K but the interior is just too small for our tastes. Beautiful motorhome though. I've looked to see if any of the 31' models out there and nothing close by to see in the newer models. Search continues.

We did look at an Entegra Esteem 29V, 32' and liked it. Good usable open spaces. Not as sleek or finished as the Cambria but nice anyway.