Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #1

Cancel GRN for 2019

They may as well cancel GNR for 2019 the way things are going at Forest City. I feel sorry for the people that are working for Winnebago with the leadership they have in place now. It seems they will not be happy until they Destroy Winnebago.
jlr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2018, 06:10 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr44 View Post
They may as well cancel GNR for 2019 the way things are going at Forest City. I feel sorry for the people that are working for Winnebago with the leadership they have in place now. It seems they will not be happy until they Destroy Winnebago.

Would you tell us exactly what you see going on in Forest City.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:22 PM   #3

They are canceling the WIT caravans and rallies. They are cutting back on production because they will not build anything worth buying. When you try to force people to buy what you want to build it does not work that is causing a backup of inventory. I am afraid it may be too late to save Winnebago because they have spent all the reserve Winnebago had on companies that have little or no future.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #4

Quote:
They are canceling the WIT caravans and rallies. They are cutting back on production because they will not build anything worth buying. When you try to force people to buy what you want to build it does not work that is causing a backup of inventory. I am afraid it may be too late to save Winnebago because they have spent all the reserve Winnebago had on companies that have little or no future.
If that's true why are there 10 rallies and caravans scheduled for the 2019 calendar year?

https://wgoadventures.com/
Old 08-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
JLR44, I am sorry you feel that way. Most Winnebago owners do not. Suggest you try making some fact based specific posts in the future and we will try to help you as best we can make your RV experience better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:13 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was just at GNR and had a great time. I have had some problems with my new one, and had one thing fixed at the factory during the rally. I believe there is an industry wide quality issue. I cannot comment on the leadership of Winnebago, but, I saw some very dedicated employees there. I was also contacted by Winnebago and they interviewed me about my new coach. I was in a seminar where we went into the factory and were shown some things they were working on for new coaches. I had to sign a non-disclosure form for what I saw. We gave our opinions freely and commented on problems we had. They listened and ask questions, I felt they were very interested in our comments.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:50 AM   #7

We were also at GNR had a good time. They came to our coach and ask a lot of questions. They seemed interested in what we had to say. As for the tours they had 22 tours in 2018 and 9 are planned for 2019. After 2019 they plan is to drop them. Where are the new coaches worth buying in the 40 ft. or bigger range. The Horizon looks like the Destination they tried before and failed. The rest are of poor quality. What happen to the good gas coach (Adventure) or the better pusher like Journey and Tour. The design of the Grand Tour doesn't make much sense (they are not building them right now either). This came from someone I am not allowed to use names. We had a lot of service and the service is still great.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:00 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unfortunately We were not able to attend GNR this year do to some personal issues. I believe the new CEO Michael Happy is taking WGO in a new direction.

WGO purchased Grand Design and that has great move for them. Grand Design is very profitable for WGO.

We purchased some WGO stock a few years ago and I have been very happy with that so Michael must be doing something right. We all know Class B, Class C, and trailers are the big sellers right now.

When I pass by RV Dealer's sales lots I don't see nearly as many Class A coaches any more.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #9

You are correct Grand Design has been making money. Since January 2 Winnebago stock has dropped 32% the actual cash value is $15.30 per share. Good luck I hope you make money on your stock.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
You are correct Grand Design has been making money. Since January 2 Winnebago stock has dropped 32% the actual cash value is $15.30 per share. Good luck I hope you make money on your stock.
Thank You. I only look at my stock once a month when my report comes out. That report showed the WGO stock value as $39.90 on July 31. If it changed during the month I am unaware and I don't get excited.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I kinda know what you are saying about WGO not building what people want to buy. We have been looking on and off for two years but don't want to give up on the build quality and storage we have in ours for a newer class A. Besides, they all tend to look alike. You can get a dark or white interior. also, guess it is hard to come up with a innovated floor plan or spend the money to add storage. Guess they don't make them like they used to.
brokenrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #12

Foretravel Owners Club
Interesting.... Wonder how the purchase of the Country Coach plant and the CC legacy is working out for them
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #13

Company report as of 5/26/2018 total equity $506,000,000 divided by number of shares 32,000,000 equals $15.81 per share.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #14

At GNR we were told they are building 2 or 3 Horizons per week and nothing else.