RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm new to the Winnebago world. Had diesels before, now have a Chieftan, W-22 with 8.1 (See Sig.) I don't see many listed here, they rare or nobody wants them??
Just like ta pick other owners brains about this coach.
So far it's is a SUPER coach, we just love it and will have it for some time!!

Anybody??

Thanks,
David
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm new to the Winnebago world. Had diesels before, now have a Chieftan, W-22 with 8.1 (See Sig.) I don't see many listed here, they rare or nobody wants them??
Just like ta pick other owners brains about this coach.
So far it's is a SUPER coach, we just love it and will have it for some time!!

Anybody??

Thanks,
David
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We looked at the '02 Chieftain 39T ...wife really liked the floorplan but after some study we decided it didn't have enough CCC for our needs. That's when we shifted from looking at gas coaches to diesel. I've noticed we rarely see a late model Chieftain anywhere in our travels ...may not be many out there!!!
Blog at www.pjrider.com
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #4

We wanted to buy a Chieftain in 2001 when we were looking for a new coach. Unfortunately that was the year they were not in the line up because were undergoing a design change. Thay're not as popular as they once were simply because they're now within a few dollars of the Journey. Most people opted for the DP over the Gasser.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
David,
We took delivery of our 39T in Dec '03 and now have 17,000 miles on it. We love the floor plan and get positive comments all the time. We do run run right at 24K gross weight with all the tanks full, so CCC is a concern.

With Winnebago extended 266" wheel base, it handles great - no tail wagging, can't feel the trucks sucking/pushing. Under warranty, had the shocks replaced to Monroe Gas Magnums and WH installed the cool air kit to keep the plug wire from burning up. I lost 2 wires twice.

I get around 7 to 7.5 mpg running solo, and around 6.8 pulling 4,500 lb enclosed trailer with my sandrail. In June expect to get the Ultrapower program and CAI to get the mpg higher.

I replaced the 150lb 32" RCA with a 32" Sony LCD & that saves about 120lb in weight. I also installed a 2nd coax down from the LNB Sat on the roof to my Dish 522 dual tuner/recorder.

Can't wait to get out, we love it!

Happy Trails,
Bill
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote