Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2017, 11:59 PM   #15

Sounds like yours is working like it should. Checked mine today and mine is working just like yours only we use the key fob
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2017, 12:04 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello Scott, first time I've seen pics of your coach (big pics). She's a dandy!

Merry Christmas!

W.D. (Bill)
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog1949 View Post
We didn't get a remote, when we bought the coach, over four years ago. The company that made our remote entry system is out of business. Our clearance lights also flash when we open and close any compartment, not just locking/unlock,g with the switch inside the entry. They flash three times, with quite a while between the flashes. I think Gordon Dewald may have given me the best place to start to track it down. I have no idea if the controller is bad or not...
Take a look at this thread Keyless Entry System with Cargo Locks Remote Replacement - FOUND! for a source of compatible replacement key fobs. I just checked and the ones I got are still available on eBay.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Hello Scott, first time I've seen pics of your coach (big pics). She's a dandy!

Merry Christmas!

W.D. (Bill)
Hey Bill,
Well, as I stated earlier, those are from when the previous owner posted them in an ad, just before we purchased it, about 6.5 years ago. But, if we parked today, in his driveway and took the same pics, it would still show the same exact way. It sure pays to have an RV garage. I am getting the inevitable "peeling" of the clear coat, in a couple of spots, just above the roof radius. That sucks. Anyway, thanks for the nice comments. We sure like this coach. We've been in newer ones that cannot compare.

Merry Christmas to you too and, to Chris.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #19

I stand corrected.

The pressure was 'ON' from Fire UP and Petro. So I had to trudge out to the barn.. Not thru that 'green' stuff that Fire Up has in his Pic. Not through the breezeway from Petro's house to the MH Garage... But OUTSIDE in the blazing cold weather here up in the northeast....

Luckily that 'white stuff' has temporarily abated, but that guy on the TV says 'Hold ON - More on the Way'! But I was able to get there and back before the next Blizzard arrives in the next hour or so!

So here's what I found: Sure enough - the clearance lights blink when locking and unlocking the compartments!

Mr OP - Yours is working as it should, like the rest of us!

Merry Christmas Everybody!
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:11 AM   #20
TWT

Thanks to everybody for the replies! I guess I just didn't notice the lights before. Now, I'll see about getting a key fob and finding some literature on use and operation/programming of the controller. Finding the controller in our '05 Horizon will be the first challenge...
TWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog1949 View Post
Thanks to everybody for the replies! I guess I just didn't notice the lights before. Now, I'll see about getting a key fob and finding some literature on use and operation/programming of the controller. Finding the controller in our '05 Horizon will be the first challenge...
The controller should be in the left front outside compartment. You'll need to remove several screws to hinge open the front panel of the electrical 'box' and you'll find the controller inside.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:34 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This thread may also prove helpful: How to reprogram my Keyless Entry

Old 12-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
TWT

Thank you, cbeierl!
Old 12-22-2017, 12:41 PM   #24
TWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Sir,
We have the identical sister ship to yours. It's an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT. Yes, the clearance lights do flash when unlocking/locking the coach entry door. But, they DO NOT flash when unlocking/locking the compartment doors. Wiring this controller maybe done by various people in the factory and, there's quite possibly, some wiring differences that lead to what flashes, at what times and what doesn't.

But, you say your marker lights flash when opening and closing ANY compartment door? Wow, that's not good in my opinion but, what do I know. On ours, when we use the key fob to unlock the entry door, the clearance lights flash, the interior reading light above the passenger goes on briefly and, the porch light illuminates, briefly. This gives folks time at night, to approach visually see the steps, and, get into the coach, and climb the interior steps, without being in the dark and, without fumbling around finding light switches in the dark.

Without being an electrical wizard in these situations, it almost sounds as if you're getting feedback of some sort from your compartment lights, all the way back to the brain for the security lock system. Hmmmm. I'm assuming on your coach, it's like ours in the fact that, your compartment lights are individually operated and controlled by opening an individual compartment, correct? That is, there is no switch to turn on the ALL the compartment lights, each door does that. So, with that being said, does ANY compartment door flash your marker lights or, just one in particular?
Scott

Ours:
Once I get a remote and program them and the controller, I'll see if the lights still flash when I open and close the compartment doors. That's the only part that still seems odd, to me. The fact that the lights flash three times, with a few seconds interval between flashes is odd, too. But, I didn't design it, so there's no telling what it's supposed to do without checking what other similar systems do.

Tom
Old 12-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Three times seems very odd--I'm pretty sure mine flash only once when unlocking or locking with the remote. Don't think they flash when the inside switch is used, but not certain of that...

Old 12-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #26
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well I finally got out this afternoon to see if my clearance lights flash when I lock & unlock my compartment doors with the switch by the door post. They do not flash the lights. The only time the lights flash is when I use the key fob to lock or unlock or the key pad to lock or unlock the entry door or the compartment doors.

I suspect the switches on the door post by-pass the control module. I believe the control module is what flashes the lights and perhaps it is wired differently in various models. Mine flashed only once and not 3 times.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Well I finally got out this afternoon to see if my clearance lights flash when I lock & unlock my compartment doors with the switch by the door post. They do not flash the lights. The only time the lights flash is when I use the key fob to lock or unlock or the key pad to lock or unlock the entry door or the compartment doors.

I suspect the switches on the door post by-pass the control module. I believe the control module is what flashes the lights and perhaps it is wired differently in various models. Mine flashed only once and not 3 times.

Don

Hey Don,
I posted earlier that I thought he had a problem with with his electrical system when his lights flashed with the locking and unlocking of his compt. doors. Well I then corrected that post with an addendum that said OURs does it. So, we got all that cleared up. I was about to go out and look out side while I hit the switch on the post next to the COMMANDER (wife for those of you unaware), when I read your post. And yes, ours only flash one time, locking or unlocking.

The Security system, located behind the panel in the forward left compartment, should be in the upper right hand corner if I'm not mistaken. It's got a hole in the center of it that's used for programming of the key fobs, if needed. Every once in a while, our key fobs won't lock or unlock the entry door. When that happens, I just bang on my head and, try it again, that normally works.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:18 PM   #28
TWT

Well, we left the coach at our home base while we came to visit our daughter and son-in-law in Northwestern Arkansas, so I won't be able to do any more checking on it until around the first of the year. Snow is forecast, here, and I don't relish the thought of driving the Beast in the snow. DW didn't want to be stranded here, in the snow...

First, I'll make sure all the connections to compartment locks are good, and that all locks are working. It could be something as simple as a bad ground, somewhere. I'll try to figure out which remote to buy. Since we never got one, I can't check for an FCC ID.

I guess I've just got to get serious about it. I hate it when that happens...

Tom

Tags
door, light, lights