Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 07:05 AM   #1

Creaky,Squeaky, Vista 36Y

Have a 2015 Vista 36Y. two front slides have always been noisy from delivery day when driving - the right slide being the worse by far. It groans, creaks, and screeches whenever we run over the slightest bump or joint in highway. have had it back to dealer three times - they lube it and say it is fine, but it continues to be an issue. Now that it is out of Winnebago warranty I have taken it to an independent repair facility with the same results. I have spoken to Winnebago about this recurring complaint and they suggested slide locks. $200 later and a long trip and slide locks are not the answer. This coach makes so much noise from the right front slide that it is maddening. I have had the slides check and lubed a few months ago. Would appreciate any feed back?

Captain's Quarters
2007 Honda CRV - Blue Oxed TOAD
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Flavius, I assume they are following the procedure in this tech sheet. As long as I do the lube every couple of months I do not hear the popping noise. Also be sure and hold the retract switch in for 3 seconds after the slide is fully in.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...0Mechanism.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:45 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Similar but Not Same

I have a 2015 Vista 31KE and have noises from my single slide. Learning that lube, in the right places may help.

On a sidebar, one thing that has significantly changed the "noise" level in my coach is Sumo Springs. They are not cheap, but wow do they change the environment.

She still launches when she hits a big bump, but when she lands, its like.. 'Ah..." so gentle... and half of what used to rattle, rattles less.

I know that is not your question, but it has made a significant difference in ride and in the "noises in the night" that make a driver crazy because he/she cannot go back and find them!
zekethomas is offline   Reply With Quote