RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dash. No Blower No Heat No A/C. No Nothing

I am on the road and will check this when I can. I have checked Breakers (by the door) and fuses in dash. I see no Fuse marked A/C. I am at a loss where it could be? There's the big fuse panel behind the hood nothing there either..... Help....

The Coach Htr (rocker on the dash) heat comes from the floor registers when I run it on low or high.. But I have NO DASH A/C.......

Thanks for your time LeeB......

If you don't stand behind our TROOPS, Feel Free to stand in front of them
Wish I was somewhere I could not use the internet...
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2021, 08:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
I am on the road and will check this when I can. I have checked Breakers (by the door) and fuses in dash. I see no Fuse marked A/C. I am at a loss where it could be? There's the big fuse panel behind the hood nothing there either..... Help....

The Coach Htr (rocker on the dash) heat comes from the floor registers when I run it on low or high.. But I have NO DASH A/C.......

Thanks for your time LeeB......
Lee B
The blower for the dash heat and air conditioning is a different one than the Coach Heater.
I changed the dash air blower last year because it would squeal for a while when it was first energized. It's located just above where the co-pilots feet go.
What I found out on my coach was that a blower from a 1989 Pontiac Bonneville fits perfectly and AutoZone had a new one.
A couple of notes if you go this route;
1st. You need to make the motor go in the reverse direction by swapping the two wires. that is not color to color, Make sense?
2nd You need to use the original squirrel cage because if your 1989 Pontiac Bonneville fan motor comes with one, the fins won't do the job. Since you are going to make the motor go bakards the squirrel cage need to be bakards too> Make sense?
Hope this helps
Stan
Also, I found out the hard way that it is so much easier to replace the fan if you remove the pullout work desk and supporting container first. then you can work from the top.
Stan
Old 01-20-2021, 08:53 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchflicke View Post
Lee B
The blower for the dash heat and air conditioning is a different one than the Coach Heater.
I changed the dash air blower last year because it would squeal for a while when it was first energized. It's located just above where the co-pilots feet go.
I understand that dash heat and Coach Heater are 2 different animals......... But Mine doesn't do anything. No nothing nada... Thanks for the tip about the blower being from 1998 Pontiac......

What I found out on my coach was that a blower from a 1989 Pontiac Bonneville fits perfectly and AutoZone had a new one.
A couple of notes if you go this route;
1st. You need to make the motor go in the reverse direction by swapping the two wires. that is not color to color, Make sense?
2nd You need to use the original squirrel cage because if your 1989 Pontiac Bonneville fan motor comes with one, the fins won't do the job. Since you are going to make the motor go bakards the squirrel cage need to be bakards too> Make sense?
Hope this helps
Stan
Also, I found out the hard way that it is so much easier to replace the fan if you remove the pullout work desk and supporting container first. then you can work from the top.
Stan
Thanks I'll save this for future....... I still would like to find the darn fuse........... LoL

LeeB

Old 01-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bummer nobody knows? Oh well thanks anyway
LeeB

Old 01-24-2021, 03:07 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My dash radio fuse also controls the coach heater fan.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '18 MB CLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:24 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
My dash radio fuse also controls the coach heater fan.

Radio is working fine....... Nothing is working on my dash A/C (the fan? No work...... The Temperature? No work...... The selector knob? No work...
It's like ALL THREE ARE DEAD.......

Old 01-24-2021, 05:54 PM   #7

I had identical problems on my 2006 Charleston. I have no idea where your fuse is located, but mine is in an outside storage compartment under the driver's seat. My problem was a bad ground on the blower motor. The ground wire is hooked to the blower motor using one of the four mounting screws which had fallen off. I hooked the wire back and everything works fine now.
Ronnie
Old 01-24-2021, 09:17 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtbuck12 View Post
I had identical problems on my 2006 Charleston. I have no idea where your fuse is located, but mine is in an outside storage compartment under the driver's seat. My problem was a bad ground on the blower motor. The ground wire is hooked to the blower motor using one of the four mounting screws which had fallen off. I hooked the wire back and everything works fine now.
Ronnie

Oh Boy thanks, bad ground it could be (darn) I would still like to find the fuse. I know it has to be somewhere. In my searching I'll check gounds as I go......

Thanks again..... LeeB

Old 01-24-2021, 09:45 PM   #9

Not sure if my 2007 voyage 35L W22 workhorse chassis is any way close to yours. Have a fuse box under hood on drivers side, one under dash between brake pedal & outside wall, also inline fuse at starter. That aside, do you have power at the back of the fan switch? On my unit there is a resistance circuit board with 4 wires on the air box under the hood. Should be one wire that connects to resistance coils for the high, medium, low speeds of fan. Some systems feed power here then to switch then to fan. Others feed power to switch then resistance coils then to fan. Just have to keep checking till find where power comes in. Another thought does the air conditioning pump run but not the air fan?
Old 01-24-2021, 09:49 PM   #10

Also have fuses under entrance steps & in the back of cabinet next to steps under kitchen sink. But don't think these will effect your problem.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:25 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcroadrunner View Post
Not sure if my 2007 voyage 35L W22 workhorse chassis is any way close to yours. Have a fuse box under hood on drivers side, one under dash between brake pedal & outside wall, also inline fuse at starter. That aside, do you have power at the back of the fan switch? On my unit there is a resistance circuit board with 4 wires on the air box under the hood. Should be one wire that connects to resistance coils for the high, medium, low speeds of fan. Some systems feed power here then to switch then to fan. Others feed power to switch then resistance coils then to fan. Just have to keep checking till find where power comes in. Another thought does the air conditioning pump run but not the air fan?
I just got home so I have to check things out my plan is to start at the back of the switch and check for power and do some tracing. To be honest NOTHING happens when I turn any of the Knobs (switches) Looks like I have my work cut out for me
Quote:
Also have fuses under entrance steps & in the back of cabinet next to steps under kitchen sink. But don't think these will effect your problem.
Yes I know about them and i will check them also.....
Thanks for your suggestions..... LeeB

Old 01-24-2021, 11:37 PM   #12

See your on the road, what's current location, currently I'm in Florida.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:36 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
See your on the road, what's current location, currently I'm in Florida.

I am home now in California just got here yesterday afternoon...
LeeB

Old 01-26-2021, 06:31 PM   #14

Just a question' have you tried lifting the dash up? On my 32v P32 the fuses are under there.
Also on mine the only thing that's run by the electric is the blower. All the other controls use vacuum.
David 70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, heat