Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #1

I'm curious what this item is on my dash of my 2005 Workhorse chassis; not sure if it's a light, sensor, etc. It's the black item just under the 'Jacks Down' light.

Thank you

Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #2

I'm curious what this item is on my dash of my 2005 Workhorse chassis; not sure if it's a light, sensor, etc. It's the black item just under the 'Jacks Down' light.

Thank you

Old 05-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Do you have a remote control for the dash radio that is attached to the steering wheel? If so, that black thing is probably the sensor for that remote.

2005 Itasca Meridian
John Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #4

Whatever you do, DONT PUSH IT!!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
Whatever you do, DONT PUSH IT!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just pushed it... oh, noooo!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Mc:
Do you have a remote control for the dash radio that is attached to the steering wheel? If so, that black thing is probably the sensor for that remote. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do have a remote attatched to the steering wheel... never would have guessed it went to the radio. I haven't been able to open the electric sunroof, so I thought that was it.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I suspect that is an IR pickup/ repeater that re-feeds the TV/ VCR/ Sat remote into the entertainment cabinet.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:52 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34.5A:

I do have a remote attatched to the steering wheel... never would have guessed it went to the radio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not for the radio....

I don't have one of those on my dash....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

It's what John Mc said.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:24 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

If you take a look at page 6 of this Dash Radio Installation diagram for your model you can see the infrared receiver.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:47 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34.5A:

I do have a remote attatched to the steering wheel... never would have guessed it went to the radio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not for the radio....

I don't have one of those on my dash.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have the remote attatched to the steering wheel? The link that Cbeierl posted does show an IFR. I have seen them mounted in different locations, depending on model.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #12

Based on a few 'replies', there seems to be some confusion regarding this sensor or light... it is in fact a sensor for the remote controls. I assume it's for both the steering wheel mounted remote and the hand held remote. Opened up the dash today and followed a thin wire/cable from the back of the radio right back to the 'sensor' on the dash.

Regarding the factory radio: there are two RCA inputs available. Maybe a iPod or MP3 player can be hooked up to these inputs.