Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2019, 03:20 AM   #15

This is getting interesting. ! Can you explain the difference between the two types of units ?
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2019, 03:41 AM   #16

https://www.altestore.com/blog/2015/.../#.XRCajBYpCEd
Old 06-24-2019, 04:09 AM   #17

Door guy. I am surprised I have never heard of thermoil. At my age. My older start battery’s develop a small amount . I wii have to try some in those two You had me wondering why a heating blanket would fail yet causing problems with batteries charging. That would make me wonder which inverter would be a better choice. As I have not at least yet had any problems with diveses But this explanes things some ThermOil Battery Protection - Extend the life of your battery!
Old 06-24-2019, 04:26 AM   #18

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=0h0m5s&v=TqFa3VkyHT0
Old 06-24-2019, 11:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey cat View Post
Interesting what one can learn Scott. I came across an old tread of yours When you changed units. I’ll be ! Remote controls also. ! Almost make me want to upgrade. 🤩
Yeah,
When I changed Inverter/Chargers, I thought I'd get away with the factory Dimensions remote, nope, ain't happenin'. So, I had to purchase a new remove and, a new phone cable 'cause the original one was configure incorrectly for the new Magnum. It was a bit of a pain to route that cable but, the wife and I did it and, it all looks factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post
Hi Scott, always good to hear from you. I think it was two years ago I replaced the inverter, so I got a good 13-14 yrs out of it as you indicated. I bought Dimensions latest version of the 2K unit, Model 12NP20HR, but it is now a pure sine wave. it was $2100 shipping included.

The electric blanket on the bed had some quirky electronic part in the control that if I had the inverter on and didn't unplug the blanket, the modified sine wave unit would fry the control. Went thru two blankets before I figured it out.

I also changed out my Costco 4ea. 6V house batts that I followed your lead on a few years ago. I was always getting corrosion on the terminals within a week of cleaning them and it was a constant upkeep. The batteries needed replacing anyway, so when I replaced them and all the cables, I used Thermoil in the cells and I haven't had one fleck of corrosion since I did that well over a year ago. Good stuff.
Electric blanket controllers are funny animals. Some of them have a more "mechanical" controller and some, more of an electronic one. I'm by far, no expert on these but, that's kind of how I understand it. It's the electronic ones that throw temper tantrums with non pure sign wave inverters.
As for the 6v Costco batteries, yep, I got oh, maybe 4 or so years out of my original set I installed. Then, I got some bulging in a couple of them. So, out they went. And, in went a new set. Yep, I to get a tad bit of corrosion on them every once in a while. I installed some oil, I forgot the brand/type, the stuff that lots use to keep the evaporation down and prevent the corrosion. Never heard of "thermoil". Will have to look into that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey cat View Post
Door guy. I am surprised I have never heard of thermoil. At my age. My older start battery’s develop a small amount . I wii have to try some in those two You had me wondering why a heating blanket would fail yet causing problems with batteries charging. That would make me wonder which inverter would be a better choice. As I have not at least yet had any problems with diveses But this explanes things some ThermOil Battery Protection - Extend the life of your battery!
JC,
I don't think the electric blanket controller, even the ones that don't play well with non pure sign wave inverters, have any effect on the battery charging side of the inverter/chargers but, again, by far, I'm not any form of an expert.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:57 PM   #20

The more I read the more worse it gets .
Ill just keep on keeping my batterys clean and adding water .
And replace when needed with a 12V style .
I believe a battery in proper condition wont cause any illl effects without additives .

On inverters it gets more confusing .
It seems like names criss cross , Magnum , Dimensions , Sensata .
Are they like washing machines , many names but inside there all the same ?
Ill just keep my fingers crossed for now and hope for the best .
Old 06-25-2019, 10:10 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
CWHTRAINS, if you didn't catch it in my last post the Model # is 12NP20HR
Old 06-25-2019, 10:32 AM   #22

Oh yes I got it. Here is what comes up in a search.
From other searches I am led to believe they came out in 2013

Search Modes
AllImagesShoppingMapsVideosMore
SettingsTools
10 results (0.30 seconds)
Search Results
Web results
SENSATA DIMENSIONS 12/1800N LOW FREQUENCY ... - Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/SENSATA-DIMEN.../dp/B00FG5M912

Rating: 5 - ‎1 review
1500 Watt GP-ISW1500-12 Industrial Pure Sine Wave Inverter. ... Magnum Dimensions CMW1012 1000 Watt, 12 Volt DC, High Frequency Compact Sine Wave Inverter. ... Tripp Lite Power Inverter / Charger w/ Auto Transfer Switching, 1250W, 12VDC 120V, 5-15R, 2-Outlets….
[PDF]Owner's Manual - Magnum Energy
https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/si...20Manual_1.pdf
http://dimensions.sensata.com inverterinfo@sensata.com. IMPORTANT. Read this manual before installation, it contains important safety, installation and.
1800W 12VDC Pure Sine Inverter Charger NP Series - Magnum Energy
https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/.....ter-charger-np...
The NP Series is the newest Pure Sine Inverter Charger line from Dimensions. This series is available in 12, 24, and 48VDC input with AC output power ranging ...
Sensata Inverter Chargers - Inverter Supply
https://www.invertersupply.com/index...dex&cPath=1304...
Products 1 - 9 of 9 - The NP Series is the newest Pure Sine Inverter Charger line from Dimensions. This series is available in 12, 24, and 48VDC input with AC ...
Dimensions Inverter/Charger - RV Tech Library
https://www.rvtechlibrary.com/electrical/dimensions.php
The Dimensions 2,000 watt inverter/charger was brought into the Tiffin product line in the 2006 model year and replaced the Freedom 458 previously supplied ...
Sensata Inverters | Sensata Technologies at Boat & RV Accessories

Tags
charger, inverter