Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2021, 01:32 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Dish Power Switch

While we have owned our 2011 Winnebago Tour for 2 years already, we have never used the Wally Satellite Dish. Since we are stuck at home, BC Canada, and Internet is very expensive when streaming I thought I would see if the Dish even works. Tech support for Dish told me that I need to power the dish and there should be a rocker switch somewhere to do that.

I did check for the switch in the same cabinet as the Wally box but nothing there.

Does anyone have any ideas where I should look for this switch?
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2021, 10:16 PM   #2

I thought the DISH, dish, was powered by the 211 receiver? Did the wally come with the MH?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:41 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
so if I understand you correctly, you are saying that there is NO power to the Wally Receiver? Have you attempted to plug something else into the receptacle that the wally is plugged into and or used a voltmeter on the receptacle to verify there is no power to it?

You can go to the Winnebago site and look up the exact wiring diagrams for your unit. I would recommend that you download all of them, 12vdc, AC, piping everything available for your unit. They come in handy for doing exactly what you are looking for.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:50 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Do you get anything on the TV showing Dish? Is the Sat Dish raised and powered on? Does the Dish controller show all Satellites after it scans and locks on to the 3 Satellites ? Is your TV set up for the Dish HDMI port on the back of the TV? Lets start with this and maybe someone can help... I have had many issues with one of the two Wally's in my rig...
Old 03-05-2021, 02:54 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I thought the DISH, dish, was powered by the 211 receiver? Did the wally come with the MH?
The rig came with 2 Wallys, 1 in the living area and the other in the bedroom.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:59 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by navybuff View Post
Do you get anything on the TV showing Dish? Is the Sat Dish raised and powered on? Does the Dish controller show all Satellites after it scans and locks on to the 3 Satellites ? Is your TV set up for the Dish HDMI port on the back of the TV? Lets start with this and maybe someone can help... I have had many issues with one of the two Wally's in my rig...
The Wally has power, the dish is one of those dome things and from what I understand is suppose to have in motion sat tracking.

When I called for help I was told the dish needs power. I am looking for the switch to turn on that power.

So far I hear no noise from the dish when I power up the Wally.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:00 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
so if I understand you correctly, you are saying that there is NO power to the Wally Receiver? Have you attempted to plug something else into the receptacle that the wally is plugged into and or used a voltmeter on the receptacle to verify there is no power to it?

You can go to the Winnebago site and look up the exact wiring diagrams for your unit. I would recommend that you download all of them, 12vdc, AC, piping everything available for your unit. They come in handy for doing exactly what you are looking for.
The Wally has power, it is the Dish that does not have power.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:40 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
AllanK, look in the cabinet forward of the cabinet with the wally. Should be switches for accent, speakers and satellite.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:42 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanK View Post
The Wally has power, it is the Dish that does not have power.
OK gotcha. As someone has already stated, find the Sat antenna control box and turn it on. It powers the sat antenna. By the way what type of antenna do you have? Dome or traveler or just a portable that you have to plug into the external connection? The traveler has a main power box and requires AC power to operate. The dome I don't know much about because my last dome was a King dome.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:59 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
AllanK, look in the cabinet forward of the cabinet with the wally. Should be switches for accent, speakers and satellite.
Grant, should the lower switch (actually the right one in the pic as it turned sideways) in the picture be the one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7995.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	516.8 KB
ID:	320270  
Old 03-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
AllanK, this is what the manual shows, don't know what that switch is for. May have to get on the roof and see what antenna you have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat control.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	320306  
Old 03-07-2021, 07:18 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
AllanK, this is what the manual shows, don't know what that switch is for. May have to get on the roof and see what antenna you have.
I am not much of a roof guy but the side of the dome indicates it is a TracVision. From there I was able to find the manual and yes the switch is the same as the switch in my image.

The light does not come on with the switch in on position. I guess I now need to find the fuses.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:21 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
AllanK, looking at an older drawings and your drawings, looks like the power comes from the the 12 Volt Breaker Panel at the foot of the bed. Wire JA, breaker Monitor/Pump.

Tags
dish, power, switch