Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2022, 01:44 PM   #1

DTNA Connect, Daimler ...I'm LOST

It took three weeks for them to finally get my info correct and provide links and a temporary password that would work. Also...they kept telling me my VIN was invalid. They were reversing two numbers in my VIN. I'm pleased to say that I can now login! But that is where the joy ends!

There is absolutely NOTHING there that is intuitive and easily guide me to my coaches build list for the frame. I have clicked on everything I can find and while I find lots of different pages, none of which I know what to do with and none of which looks like parts.

Can anyone provide a picture diagram of how to navigate this horrible website. Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2022, 03:29 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
DTNA Connect still seems to want Internet Explorer 11 and complains if you use a different browser. I'm not an expert at this by any means, but perhaps I can help to get you started.

Once you login, select from among the available apps (see image below). Of interest are probably 'Vehicle Info', 'PartsPro', and 'EZWiring'. Use the last 6 of your VIN where it asks for 'Serial #'.

In PartsPro, for instance, fill in the Serial # field and select the 'Design Groups' tab as shown in the 2nd image below. This should give you something like the 3rd image below. Expanding the 'Suspension' gives you something like the 4th image. If you then click on the link for 'Air Piping-Front...' you'll get a Bill of Materials like the 5th image.

There is a 'PartsPro User Guide' under the 'Support' tab on the upper right of the PartsPro home page. There is also 'EZWiring' help under the 'Help' button on the upper right of that home page as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DTNA Apps.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	353722   Click image for larger version

Name:	DTNA PartsPro.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	353723  

Name:	DTNA Design Groups.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	353724   Click image for larger version

Name:	DTNA Suspension.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	353732  

Name:	DTNA Air Piping-Front.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	353735  

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:57 AM   #3

Chris,
Thank you so much for that info. I will start over and see how it goes today. Your input is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-14-2022, 06:13 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
It is great when it works, but it is not intuitive to me, and definitely not user friendly.

I dislike having to reset so often. I have called the webmaster group, they are nice, they get it, they send you a temp one, you reset, and the countdown starts again.

I told them this is the not a financial risk. My account includes the
last part of my VIN, not a key to my financial info. If somebody wants to order parts according to my VIN- not my credit card, which they don't have- go for it!

Anyway, when you to get access to the IPBs and parts numbers , it is great.

One more tool that can help you understand and maintain your ride.

Safe travels.
JPO1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
DTNA Connect still seems to want Internet Explorer 11 and complains if you use a different browser. I'm not an expert at this by any means, but perhaps I can help to get you started.
Just wanted to follow up. With your help I was finally able to access the key elements. Thanks again!
Old 01-16-2022, 10:49 AM   #6

Well,
While it does take a bit of a learning curve to not only get a membership of DTNA and, once you've acquired that, learn to navigate around on it, it's not all that hard. I got a little frustrated with driving around on their site but, eventually, while watching NCIS and eating desert a couple nights, I finally got the routine down and, it's now quite easy. It's like anything else, the more you fool around with it, the simpler it gets.
I can now zoom into it, find exactly what I need, jot down any part numbers and I'm done. I'm not sure why it's so hard for some to re-set a password every now and then which, heck, I think it's what, every 6 months or whatever their time frame is. When the warning comes up in an email to change or reset your password, either I do it then or, sometimes I let it expire. If that happens, it's no bid deal at all. I get on the phone with them with the provided phone number and, they give me a temp password. I use it to reset my new one and, I'm off and running for another 6+ months.

I find that program a GREAT asset to not only acquiring parts but, seeing how things are laid out and all that. If and when I need a larger group of parts, I get on there, find them all, jot down all the part numbers and then call my local Freightliner parts person. They are so incredibly happy that I'VE DONE ALL THE WORK!
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:32 PM   #7

I just had to up date my password . Im told it now has to be done every 30 days i
Is it just my luck ?
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:36 PM   #8

Grand Design Owners Club
Wow. I had given up on the DTNA login after they replied to me that my VIN was incorrect. Since it sounds like a wealth of information on the site, perhaps I should keep trying to get a login. Thanks all for the encouragement.

Ted
okc.papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:44 PM   #9

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post

Once you login, select from among the available apps (see image below). Of interest are probably 'Vehicle Info', 'PartsPro', and 'EZWiring'. Use the last 6 of your VIN where it asks for 'Serial #'.

In PartsPro, for instance, fill in the Serial # field and select the 'Design Groups' tab as shown in the 2nd image below. This should give you something like the 3rd image below. Expanding the 'Suspension' gives you something like the 4th image. If you then click on the link for 'Air Piping-Front...' you'll get a Bill of Materials like the 5th image.

There is a 'PartsPro User Guide' under the 'Support' tab on the upper right of the PartsPro home page. There is also 'EZWiring' help under the 'Help' button on the upper right of that home page as well.

Wow, Chris. You look like the resident DTNA expert! Looking forward to getting my login working.

Ted
okc.papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 07:17 AM   #10

Just wanted to say Thank You to everyone that provided positive and informative guidance. Sincerely appreciated!