Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #1

Electric Tow Dolly Brake Controller

I have a 2019 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22r. Below and to the left of the steering column is some sort of plug. Anyone know if this is for a brake controller or what its purpose is for? Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2020, 02:51 PM   #2

It sounds like about where the OBDII plug is. A picture would help.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:48 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Depends on the Chassis MFG. Check the Owners Manual. It should tell you where and if there is a Break Controller plug is.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:11 AM   #4

MW22r-

According to page 32 of the 2019 E-series Body Builder Layout Book (link here), the trailer electric brake controller is attached behind the "cup" that is in the dash, above and to the right of the steering wheel.

If you buy a Tekonsha electric brake controller, you can also buy a plug-and-play harness to connect it to the Ford factory connector. Link to that part is here. No splicing is required, so it's very quick and easy to install the controller.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:03 AM   #5

Thanks. I never knew such a thing as a Body Builders Guide existed! Now all I need is for you to come and hook it up....
Old 10-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #6

I have studied page 32 and for the life of me I cant figure out exactly what I am looking at? Am I looking as if I have the dashboard taken off? I have no clue what the "cup" in the dash above and to the right of the steering column is? I admit I am terrible in deciphering these drawings/schematics and getting the orientation correct..
Old 10-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW22r View Post
I have studied page 32 and for the life of me I cant figure out exactly what I am looking at? Am I looking as if I have the dashboard taken off? I have no clue what the "cup" in the dash above and to the right of the steering column is? I admit I am terrible in deciphering these drawings/schematics and getting the orientation correct..
Yes, that is one of the oddest angles for an illustration. I can see why they chose to do it that way, though.

The view is from inside the dash, roughly in the middle, a bit towards the passenger side, and looking up and towards the driver side. You can see the cutout for the steering column on the lower right.

This post has pictures- much better!
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:57 PM   #8

After a few phone calls I got it figured out. There is a panel face(with 2 screws) and the push button for the engine battery boost. The plug is behind this removable panel. Makes sense in retrospect since it is an ideal location for ford to have installed an OEM controller. Next issue to make sure the 7 pin hitch connector on the Winnie will match up to the trailer 7 pin plug. FYI the panel is to the right of the steering wheel column and at the upper portion of the dash.Thanks for all the help.....bob

Tags
brake, dolly, electric, tow, tow dolly