Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2018, 08:16 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Fan for air conditioner and heat pump.

I have a 2002 Winnebago Journey DL 36 foot on a Freightliner chassis.
We are in Georgia for the past week and a half. Air conditioner has run most of the time without fail. This morning the air conditioner will shut off but the fan continues to run. The only way I can get it to stop is to shut that breaker off. But when I turn the breaker back on the fan starts and will not shut off. Any ideas of what is going on. Temp outside right now is 70 and the room temp is 78 with air set at 82.
Just as I sent this the fan shut off I turned the air back on set at 78 the room temp is 79 the air and fan came on as it should. I think we are all good, Hope so. will let you know.
charlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If I remember correctly at the thermostat you can set the fan for auto or high or low. If it's on auto it works with the A/C.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes it is on auto I will see how it does throughout the day and report back thank you.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
It just shut off again and seems to be working as designed. Sorry for the original post just don't remember it running as long after air shut off.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Update it appears that the air conditioning system is working fine but the fan will not shut of when the air shuts off. If I turn the air thermostat to off the fan will run for a few minutes then turn off. Any thoughts maybe a capacitor for the fan ? Or maybe a resistor for the fan. I'm brain dead when electricity is involved.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
To bring this to a close for the past 24 hours we set the air temp at 77 and it has worked flawlessly. Lesson learned is set thermostat leave things alone and let work as designed.

Tags
air, air conditioner, fan, heat, heat pump