Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2022, 03:18 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Flooring Thickness / Replacement

Hey all,

2011 Itasca Meridian 40U

We still have what I believe is the original flooring (1x1 linoleum squares laid to look diamond shaped). DW wants to replace. What she has picked out is a glue down, wood look vinyl and we plan to replace the carpeting in bedroom and long slide with the same.

In reading some of the tips and tricks, it seems there was a problem with someone's long slide where the white "ramp" for the rollers was on top of the vinyl which caused some problems?

The reason I ask is that the new flooring we've picked out is about 2x thicker than original. I'm wondering several things:Will the slide "fit" as it comes in and stores? Will the rollers ride up this extra thickness OK?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2022, 04:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekuiper View Post
Hey all,

2011 Itasca Meridian 40U

We still have what I believe is the original flooring (1x1 linoleum squares laid to look diamond shaped). DW wants to replace. What she has picked out is a glue down, wood look vinyl and we plan to replace the carpeting in bedroom and long slide with the same.

In reading some of the tips and tricks, it seems there was a problem with someone's long slide where the white "ramp" for the rollers was on top of the vinyl which caused some problems?

The reason I ask is that the new flooring we've picked out is about 2x thicker than original. I'm wondering several things:Will the slide "fit" as it comes in and stores? Will the rollers ride up this extra thickness OK?
Hello sir, in answer to your question I am assuming you have schwintek slides with rollers on you floor? If you do the sliders or at least on my rv are tucked under furniture and out of the way. Look under your sofa and your furniture where your rollers are located and cut out grooves where your slide rollers will be moving in your new tiles and your slide will be unaffected by the new tiling. Good luck
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:46 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I should have specified Lippert slide gear
Old 08-10-2022, 05:48 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekuiper View Post
Hey all,

2011 Itasca Meridian 40U

Eric, we have a felt like strip under the left main slide.

My slide had a problem when we first bought the rig in 2014. It turned out the white lift ramp for the slide was installed wrong. It was placed on top of the vinyl tile which made a sharp edge to tear up the felt. I had it repaired at Forest City. The goofs that did the work caused the slide to be out of adjustment and hitting the ceiling when it came in.

My point here is, if you have a thicker flooring than the slide ramp thickness sand a tapper along the edge to compensate for the difference.

Your new flooring should be of a solid color through the material. If (when) it is scratched it will be less viable and easier to repair.

You have a big job ahead. Let us know how you deal with the entrance floor trim.

When you do the bedroom carpet, finding all the screws for the engine deck cover is a PITA. I removed the panel under the bed, along the side, to get to some of them. I now have 3 screws holding the deck in place. No problems. Try busing strong magnets to find the screws.

Happy trails.... Rick

Tags
ace, floor, flooring, replace, replacement