Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2020, 07:36 AM   #1

Forza 38W Rear Wheel Valve Stem issue

I have an issue with my 2019 Winnebago Forza W38 Specifically with the rear dually wheels on my freightliner custom chassis. The issue is the inner tire valve stem goes though a rubber stabilizer grommet before protruding through the outside wheel. This grommet keeps falling in and causing damage the valve stem. I recently used some 3M outdoor double stick tape and we will see if it holds it in place. I pushed it in from between the wheels it took like 20 minutes and my fingers are sore. Just part of the joys of RVing. Found a lot of really old posting but couldn't reply since they were old so started a new thread.
If enough folks are having this issue lets see if we can NHTSA recall
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2020, 02:35 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You may want to just go out and buy another set of the rubber valve stem holders. CW and most big Truck stops carry them.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are you using a TPMS on the valve stem? If so, you may need to go to metal stems as they add quite a bit of weight and thus momentum when driving that can damage rubber stems.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #4

Put some glue on it.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:25 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
I originally had the Winnebago valve stem extenders, very light weight plastic/phenolic type tube, and there were no spacer or stabilizing blocks in the outer wheel. Ran that way for eight or nine years, 60K+ miles, without any problems. You may not need the plugs/blocks. When our tires were replaced, longer metal valve stems were installed and were bent to be centered in the hand hole of the outer wheel to make checking air pressure with a straight gauge very easy.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:39 AM   #6

I had one wheel that was doing that. What I found out was the rubber plug was installed backwards. The lip of the plug should be on the outside of the rim. I switched it around and it has stayed in place ever since. Look at your other plugs and compare.

Tags
rear, valve