Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good choice old or newer coach

I am trying to make up my mind on weather to buy a 1999 ultimate freedom 40jd with 80000 miles and 1300 hrs on gen. or maybe try a newer Journey (trying to stay in the same price range) I really like what seems to be higher quality of the UF but dont know if i should go newer my conern is I probally will keep whichever one for several years so what your advice be go old or try to go newer? Hope to hear from anyone with an opion.
whitetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
The UF is a great coach and likely would serve you very well. Of course, the most important factor with any used coach is how well it has been maintained. With the miles and gen hrs, you do have assurance that it should not be suffering from "lot rot" from sitting around. How it compares to a newer Journey depends strongly on how well the Journey has been treated/maintained. If both are good in that department, floorplan and colors would likely be the deciding factor. My 03 UA has apx 66k and a bit over 1k hrs on the generator ...we fulltimed in it for over 6 years, and still use it quite a bit. It is still a very nice coach, and has a lot of life left in it.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote