Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2022, 05:31 PM   #1

Grand Design

Hello , we are in the market for newer TT, looking at 1 owner Transcend Xplor model TT a 2020, Does any one have any feed back on the quality in these models from GD? How does GD stack up to other companies unit out there?

Thanks
scoutdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2022, 05:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutdad View Post
Hello , we are in the market for newer TT, looking at 1 owner Transcend Xplor model TT a 2020, Does any one have any feed back on the quality in these models from GD? How does GD stack up to other companies unit out there?

Thanks
Welcome! I used to live out that way back when there was "space" between OKC, Moore and Norman.

You'll get an awful lot of opinions on that topic. People that own GD seem to like them for the most part. Then there's people like me that have shopped them but didn't purchase for one reason or another.

Some facts as I know them:
GD does not use any material that is not already being used by the other RV builders (Keystone, Forest River, Winnebago et.al.)
GD are assembled by essentially the same people that assemble the other RVs.
GD's biggest claim to fame is their warranty support. They claim to take care of all warranty items quickly.
Considering the current proclivity of dealership service departments to hold customer's RVs hostage for unreasonable periods and likelihood of causing more problems than they fix, the extra cost of a Grand Design may well be worth it just for after the sale support alone.

Why I didn't choose Grand Design:
Primarily construction materials. In an ideal world I would have gotten a fifth wheel under 30 feet long with a huge bedroom, huge bathroom, big kitchen and rear living with four theater seats. It would have Azdel siding with aluminum superstructure welded on four sides and a composite floor with no wood in it. The roof trusses would be arched with no wood. It would come with at least 600 watts of solar permanently installed with the option for additional portable panels. Two air conditioners. Forty pound propane cylinders, sixty gallon black and grey tanks with one hundred gallon fresh water tank. It should also cost less than $23,000 new.
Once I took my list and prioritized it, I searched for all the campers that "checked the most boxes". In my case it turned out to be my Cougar.
There is no doubt your list would have a different order of "must haves" and "wants". But if you use this methodology you can be assured you will end up the the RV most suited to you.
Old 06-17-2022, 05:29 PM   #3

I agree with the excellent advice from wrvond.
They all have issues. You should adopt a policy of “I can fix this” with help from the forums, and stay away from dealership fixes if at all possible. You should make your list of requirements, floor plan, colors, WEIGHT! and look for that RV. Come back here and ask questions. Lots of knowledge and help here!
MikenDebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:54 PM   #4

Thanks for the tips. We did buy the rig after seeing it and talking to seller, had bunch of stuff that went with rig. Past owner had health issues that are stopping them going anu longer they bought it new. So we got a good deal considering all that went rig,probaly over 2k worth upgrades.

Just got it back to lot to start the transfer process and notice the bathroom has slid of track have to fix that tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2022, 08:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutdad View Post
Thanks for the tips. We did buy the rig after seeing it and talking to seller, had bunch of stuff that went with rig. Past owner had health issues that are stopping them going anu longer they bought it new. So we got a good deal considering all that went rig,probaly over 2k worth upgrades.

Just got it back to lot to start the transfer process and notice the bathroom has slid of track have to fix that tomorrow.

Thanks
Congratulations!

Now get to work!!!
Old 06-21-2022, 06:16 PM   #6

We got the back on , the stop came out of the end of track, we put the wheels back on track, had to slide door down to get the wheels to go on from end. Should be good now. probably put a stopper at the door to keep from happening again.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:25 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You'll get items fixed way after the warranty expires on a Grand Designs. At rallies all fixes are free, even major ones.

Tags
grand design