Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2020, 02:14 PM   #1

Hello from White City, FL (Near Fort Pierce)

New member, owner of 2018 Winnebago Minnie 2201DS. Hoping to find helpful information to make repairs. So far, the water heater controller board has had to be replaced, water leaks from several PEX clamps, leaks around windows, leaks from plumbing connections, propane leaks at tanks and valves, and bed base falling apart. Just over 2 years old. Would like to hear from other owners as to their experiences.
Rustyturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2020, 03:36 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:50 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2!

There's a great bunch of folks here to help you out. If you haven't already found them, there's a couple of forums that you would be interested in.

Winebago Forum
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101

RV Systems & Appliances
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:32 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Golden Touch RV Repair, South US 1, just south of Weatherbee Road 772-618-3024
Great repair guy! (I live on North Hutchinson Island...)
Old 12-02-2020, 11:55 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the board. I have to ask a few questions, you stated you have leaky pex plumbing. Is this when hooked up to potable water and/or when running the potable water pump? If only when hooked up to potable, then I have to ask do you have a potable water pressure regulator on the inlet water line? If not then you need one due to incoming water pressure being too high. As far as the other problems, re-caulk the windows, grab 2 wrenches and tighten up the leaking joints at the propane tank. Is the mattress the original that came with it or an oversized replacement?
Just thought I'd help as much as possible, hope you get your problems taken care of soon.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:04 AM   #6

SuperGewl, Thank you for the response. Leaking this time when using potable water pump. I do use a water pressure regulator on the water inlet line. I already re-caulked one window and am preparing to re-caulk around the outdoor shower housing. The propane tank had hoses and valves replaced by dealer. I don't allow them to work on camper anymore. They returned it with water and propane leaks after I showed them pictures of where the leaks were located. Mattress is original, but it hung over the plywood base. The base was not built correctly to hold together or to support the mattress or the plywood the mattress sat on. I rebuilt the base and cut new plywood for the mattress. I am going to replace 2 tees under the outdoor kitchen with Sharkbite tees. If they work out I expect to replace other leaks when they occur with Sharkbite. I read how shoddy the industry construction techniques are, but didn't expect it this bad. Had another camper 20 years ago. It wasn't like this. I suspect that they made them better in the "old" days.
Rustyturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyturn View Post
I read how shoddy the industry construction techniques are, but didn't expect it this bad. Had another camper 20 years ago. It wasn't like this. I suspect that they made them better in the "old" days.
Not that it's at all credible beyond hearsay, but I did hear from a couple different sales people that the Class C Winnies had been a bit hit or miss on build quality for the past few years; that they 'used to be great' but that they'd 'recently been pretty bad'. Of course, gotta take that with a huge grain of salt since we were in the market for a Class A, and they likely just wanted to keep steering us in that direction, but your description of your issues sounds like just that.
R E Z is offline   Reply With Quote