Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
HELP Any owners of 02 Winnebago Adventurer W22 Help

I have been trying to fix a dash A/C blower problem ( another post), with no luck. Call Winnebago tech and we started looking at the wiring schematics for my coach. Problem is the fuse boxes on there schematics are NOT what our in my coach. I'm attaching the pictures of my fuse boxes, if some folks would look at them and see if they are the same as your, and if not could you send me a pictures. I trying to see if the blower fan has 2 fuse.
HELP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse Panel under hood.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	306496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse Panel under dash.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	306497  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2020, 01:40 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
NOBODY??
Old 10-31-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
ptl

I have a 2002 Winnebago also on a W22 chassis and I have the same 2 fuse boxes. One is under the hood and 1 is under the dash. I do know that the fuse panel under the dash the relay on the bottom right controls the fan motor also. I turned my fan on and pulled that relay and my fan went off. Hope that helps.
ptl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks so much for your reply. Question, was the fan on high when you pulled the relay, did it stop? My problem is my fan runs in the 3 lower speeds, but not high. I tried pulling the relay you ID, the lower speed did stop. Again thanks
Old 11-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
Commercial Member

find the speed reducer in the fan housing. you have to look for it. its the same blower control on cars. the high speed is burned out. you can get it from autozone. i do not have the number.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:42 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I replaced the blower motor resistor (speed reducer), only controls the 3 lower speeds. Also replaced the High blower motor relay, still no high speed. Tring to see if there is a second fuse just for the high side, bur can't find on wiring schematics. Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #7
ptl

I just checked and the fan goes off when I pull the relay on all speeds. If that relay is out the fan does not work on any speed.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #8
ptl

May be it is the control knob itself that is not working.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:18 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks a bunch, that is one more piece of the puzzle.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #10

Below is a cellphone snapshot of a hand-drawn diagram of how the dashboard heater/airconditioning fan control on my old coach works.

Until they went to computerized controls or thermostatic controls the overall concept was the same for decades. The slow speed of the fan had the most resistance and the lowest voltage, medium speed had some resistance resulting lower voltage, high speed had no resistance and full voltage. In every situation where I had to work on a automotive fan the resistors were positioned inside the fan housing in the fan airflow.

In your case I'll bet that the switch is bad, or a connector is open. You'll want to check the connector(s) on the resistor assembly and on the back of the switch.

Since high speed pulls the most current, and automotive style connectors are tend to increase resistance (and therefore generate more heat) as they age, I would not be surprised to find an open connector or a connector with a melted or deformed plastic body on the back of the switch.

Dorman is an automotive vendor that makes replacement connectors.... You an find them at NAPA stores. In my case I bought a replacement connector, it came with pre-crimped short pigtail wires... They obviously expected people to cut off the old connector and use crimped bullet splices to attach the new wiring/connector. I did it my own way... I used a sewing needle to pop the release flag on the side of the pins and slid the wires out of the new body. I then took a few cellphone photos of the old wiring/connector so I could match the colors and the positions, then did the same with the old connector (pop the pin release, slid the wires out). I used small needle-nose pliers to reshape the slightly bent (female) pins to tighten them up, then I slid the old wires into the correct positions on the new (un-deformed) body. The result is that it works fine, looks stock, and with no extra splices.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20201101_174848.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	306683  
Old 11-02-2020, 07:55 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for your reply. I have done some reading, please see attached. Just not sure what to make of them
Maybe you can point me in a good direction.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Blower motor diagram.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	306702  
Attached Files
File Type: doc Reading at High Blwr Relay.doc (22.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New power reading with the blower switch also
Attached Files
File Type: doc Reading at High Blwr Relay.doc (23.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-03-2020, 01:51 AM   #13

I don't have your model so I can't compare, but I'm wondering if the relay is actually working when you place the switch on high? It is possible that speeds 1-3 run through the relay when it is Not activated. When activated it then switches power directly to the blower motor. I'd pull the cover off of the old (or new) relay, reinstall it and see if it is actually working. If not, then place the switch on high and manually engage the relay and see if that fixes it. If is does, then you know the relay isn't grounding and the problem is the ground. Have you confirmed that the white/blue is actually grounded?
ronmanfredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I now have all 4 blower speeds

I now have all 4 blower speeds. The fuse for the blower motor is NOT any of the 3 marked “Blower or AUX FAN” under the hood. It is under the dash on the left hand side (see attached), lower right corner. Thanks for all the help.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fuse Panel under dash.png
Views:	32
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	307388  

Tags
winnebago, vent, w22, adventurer