Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2021, 01:44 AM   #1

Help, Help, my slide is stuck out!

My dad has a 2011 Winnebago Sightseer 33C. I put the slides out yesterday to do a little work on the inside. When I went to close it back up, the passenger side living room slide (sofa area) won't come back in? I tried the lock and unlock slide switch and that was in the unlock position? Not sure what else to try? Is there a fuse or breaker for each slide out? This RV has 3 slides and the other 2 work fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0174 (1)_edited.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	331142  
SuperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2021, 03:16 AM   #2

Trying running the chassis engine while attempting to bring the slide in. Kinda sounds like a dead battery.

Check the following: On the driver's side basement compartment (where the LP gas tank is located) there's a panel just above the gas tank with two twist-off door latches. Remove and you'll see the pop-out circuit breakers for the slide room. If the pax side breaker is out, push it in to reset.

See page 2 of the diagram for further troubleshooting.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_174399.pdf
Old 06-07-2021, 04:34 PM   #3

No it's not a dead battery, Both the pother slides work fine on these batteries. Checked all the breakers and that's not it.

When I push and hold the slide in buttons it just blinks on and off, slowly, 5 seconds between blinks?
Old 06-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My last coach had that type of slide control. On occasion it would do the same thing. You will need to remove it from the wall and do a reset. I don't remember the exact sequence but its done through the 4 buttons on the back of that switch. You should be able to find all that info on the Powergear website under support
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:25 PM   #5

Is the park brake on? Is there a drivers seat interlock checking that it’s far enough forward?
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:53 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Never move a slide on a Winnebago without the engine running! You might have another problem, but with our 2010/11 Journey which we had for 75,000 miles that worked for us. It was from Winnebago CS.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #7

Slide out fixed!!

Well made a mobile RV tech tell me I need to buy two new slide out motors. $900 each. Said he would start by replacing the motors first and go from there? I told him thanks anyway and sent him on his way. Got another mobile RV tech to come out and look at my RV and he found this (see attachment) in the owners manual. Tried it and it fixed it!! I'm happy that it's fixed, but I feel so stupid for not reading that first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252 (1)_edited.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	332146  
Old 06-14-2021, 04:21 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
SuperDad --

To educate the forum members, which of the three "troubleshooting" actions solved your problem?

Four years ago with my previous coach (a 2007 Damon Astoria diesel pusher) I was stuck at an RV park in Lake Charles, LA "prepping" for an LSU football weekend when the curb side slide would not retract. The cause for my predicament was a burned-out Lippert slide controller. Ever since that very stressful event, I carry a spare $100'ish slide out controller as the controller is a cheaply made small circuit board that over time simply "wears out".

This is the spare slide out controller I carry --> https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Slide-Ou...nt=30%20-%2060

You may want to consider having a spare slide-out controller for your Power Glide slides --> https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Slide-Ou...nt=30%20-%2060
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #9

Glad you got it fixed.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:20 AM   #10

Turning the chassis battery switch off and on fixed it.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDad View Post
Well made a mobile RV tech tell me I need to buy two new slide out motors. $900 each. Said he would start by replacing the motors first and go from there?
Glad you fixed your issue but it is not a bad idea to keep a slide motor on hand. They can help with troubleshooting and they do fail. Depending on the motor, you can get them for $120 - $320.

I carry a spare slide motor, slide motor cable and Controller. If you have those as spare parts it can help in troubleshooting and getting back on the road.
Judge64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:06 PM   #12

Emergency HWH Manual Retraction Procedure RV Slides STORE MORE LEVEL-OUT

ktoutoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDad View Post
Well made a mobile RV tech tell me I need to buy two new slide out motors. $900 each. Said he would start by replacing the motors first and go from there? I told him thanks anyway and sent him on his way. Got another mobile RV tech to come out and look at my RV and he found this (see attachment) in the owners manual. Tried it and it fixed it!! I'm happy that it's fixed, but I feel so stupid for not reading that first.
Was the sofa slide the last one you were trying to pull in? As others said, you really should run your engine when you're pulling the slides in or out. Maybe that sofa slide just put the breaker over the top?

Can't believe that one mechanic told you you needed to slide motors. What a crook!
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:20 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to n0ukf Send a message via AIM to n0ukf Send a message via MSN to n0ukf Send a message via Yahoo to n0ukf Send a message via Skype™ to n0ukf
One more thought, did the failed one move harder than the others? It might be time to lube the slides.
n0ukf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide