Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2020, 12:57 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
House pump rattling noise 08 Itasca Meridian 39z

when I turn on the house pump I get a pretty loud rattling sound. It sounds like there are some loose plumbing connections somewhere in the back of the Coach

Thanks for any replies.
kongmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2020, 01:25 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
These are hard to fix because they can happen anywhere in the RV. The pipe rattles against anything. I first look at the pump and perhaps put some vibration damping material under it. I go around looking for the noise. Once it was the cold water pipe under the sink which shifted and got loose. I added some pipe hangers with rubber around the pipe and it stopped. I know there are "breakers" that can be put in the line after the pump to stop the surge from the pump chambers. I have replaced six inches of the hard plastic pipe with a softer food grade rubber tube which reduces the impact. There are also pumps that do not create pulses. Something in there should fix your noise. Probably just finding the pipe that rattles.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:39 PM   #3

More then likely it is the pump discharge flex line that is vibrating/bouncing against a wall/floor

Just need to put some insulating tubes around the lines and secure them to the wall/floor etc using tie wraps that have mounting flange for a screw
Any hardware store.......
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #4

They even make a pump silencing kit. All the best.

https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-94-59.../dp/B000WN5F96
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:56 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow thanks for the info and quick replies. I will be sure and let everyone know what I find.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:21 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Another option is to install an accumulator in the line downstream of the pump. It takes the pulsation out of the system and helps provide a smooth flow of water.

Skip Y

2010 Journey, 2015 Equinox
WIT Club 47083, FMCA F263635
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, noise