Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #1

How do you access gray tank sensors on Sunova?

I am considering installing the SeaLevel tank monitoring system on my Itasca Sunova 35J, but cannot locate the the gray tank sensors.

I see easy (relatively speaking) access to the black and fresh water tank, but cannot even see the gray tank. I am assuming it is enclosed, but cannot find any kind of access panel.

I've studied the plumbing and wiring diagrams and crawled underneath the RV, but have had no luck in locating the gray tank sensors.

Does anyone have any clues as to how to access the sensors for the gray tank?
DavidLyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #2

We have a 2006 Sightseer 35N. I don't know for sure about your Sunova, but on ours the gray tank sensor are behind an access panel in the basement locker just in front of the rear wheels on the passenger side. I had to remove several screws and then pry off the panel. Lots of sticky black caulk/glue.

Hope this helps!
laplatarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #3

That is where they were!

Thank you for your reply!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #4

Great! Glad I could help.

Now let me/us know how your SeaLevel install goes.

Are you going to use the existing wires?

Which model/display will you install?

Where did you purchase it and what is a fair price?

I really want to install the SeaLevel, but just have not had time.

Good Luck

LaPlataRosa
laplatarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #5

David: I installed the See-Level II back when my coach was new and it is a very good system. I ran new wires with my gauges because it is minimal cost and an easy project. Suggestion is to clean the tank well prior to applying the strip. I also installed a 12v switch to turn the power on/off at the face plate of the switchs, it makes the calibration very easy.

To assist LaPlataRosa I went direct to Garnet Industries.

SeeLeveL Gauges by Garnet Instruments Ltd. - Model 709

Good luck you won't be sorry you made the modification.
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #6

LaPlataRosa,

I plan to use new wiring, assuming I am able to route the wire from the gray tank over and get a wire down from the control panel area (which does not look too difficult, but we'll see )

I purchased the 709 model at the RVupgrade store

I originally was going to install the 712 model, but after measuring my gray tank height (5") realized those sensors would not work because they could not be cut short enough. The sensors with the 709 can be cut to 4.5"

I am still waiting for delivery so I have not yet started the install, but hope to soon as it not the most comfortable time of the year here in Phoenix to do something like this!

I will try to update my progress with pics and descriptions.

Gary: Since you have done this, I have a few questions for you.

1 - What type of wire did you use? I found some 14 gauge Romex wire at Home Depot
Do you think that will work?

2 - Where did you tap into the 12v power? Can I just split one of the 12v power wires running to the old panel (or I was actually thinking of splitting the power wire that runs to the electric water heater switch)?

Thanks!

David