Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
How do you removed Bedroom TV in W/I 37F??

I want to put another HDMI cable in my bedroom TV and route it into the "sat receiver" sized space below the TV. But I can't figure out how it removes.

It doesn't open and as best as I can see it's mounted on a piece of metal that looks like it's bolted through into the space below the TV.

I've look all around - really looked and looked. It seems like its not "removeable" without unbolting it and they are not the easiest bolts to get access to.

Somebody with an WBGO or ITCA in the 37F floor plan please clue me in.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Good question. Watching...
Old 09-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I did some more looking and I found the bedroom TV on the "2D Interactive Parts List" - which is a real pain to operate by the way - and it sure does look like it's BOLTED to the cabinet. They made no provision for the end user to easily get behind the TV.

That's so crazy. It's ridiculous.

Here's a screen shot of the mount showing where the panel is bolted down. I'm going to unbolt it and if there is any other method of removing the TV then I'll know once and for all what it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 4.24.57 PM.png
Views:	71
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	175294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 4.27.06 PM.png
Views:	66
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	175295  

Old 09-02-2017, 05:40 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Worst fears realized. The TV is hard bolted to that metal contraption you can see in my post above. And this is through bolted into the top of the cabinet below. Making it 10 times worse the nuts are on the top of the metal mount and they are not captive. You can reach the front two nuts sort of, but you cant reach either of the back two nuts.

I'm going to attempt to put a LED TV mount on the metal mount and then on the TV so that the TV can be removed any time. If I can do this then it will be easy putting the mount into place and bolting it in securely. Then I'll just hang the TV in the mount like any normal mounted TV would be.

Here's some photos -- oh, by the way there's HUGE space back there behind the TV. Why they haven't made any use of this space is beyond me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2298.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	175303   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2299.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	175304  

Name:	IMG_2302.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	175305  
Old 09-02-2017, 10:40 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I happened to have a smaller TV mount (for smaller TVs) lying around so I modded the big OEM metal TV bracket and installed the wall mount I had. Now the TV is on V-shaped bracket the the TV hangs from.

It stuck out too far when I finished installing it - the width of the wall mount was this issue. This was with the stock mounting holes in the base of the TV cabinet. So, I just drilled new holes about an inch further back and the TV sits about where it was originally.

Now, anytime I wish I can remove the TV... without any tools even.

I can't for the life of me figure out why WBGO doesn't do this as a normal matter of course. Makes no sense.

Here's some photos. First one is the OEM metal TV mount but with my new TV Wall Mount mounted to the middle of the bracket. The next photo is the corresponding Wall Mount on the TV ready for install. The last photo shows the TV installed on the new removable wall mount.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2322.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	175335   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2323.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	175336  

Name:	IMG_2324.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	175337  
Old 09-03-2017, 03:18 AM   #6

Nice work. Seems like you are figuring out how to improve a few things on this new coach. Keep up the good work.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
creativepart Bummer those nuts holding the main TV bracket are suppose to be thinnermen J-Clips which hold the nuts. Glad you got it worked out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	37F J clips.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	175373  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:14 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
creativepart Bummer those nuts holding the main TV bracket are suppose to be thinnermen J-Clips which hold the nuts. Glad you got it worked out.
They were just nuts nothing to hold them. Making it even more difficult they put a nut under the mounting bracket on the back two nuts. No doubt to raise the back of the mount and tilt the TV toward the bed at the top.

Had the nuts been captive the job would have been much easier.

With the addition of this removable TV wall mount it was a breeze to reinstall the metal mounting bracket. Now, you install that large metal mounting bracket from the front - as shown above - and it's no big deal.

The real shame is that WBGO didn't take the time to engineer a cabinet door to mount that TV on so you could open it and use that really excellent space behind the TV.

37F owners - look in your wardrobe closet on the left side. You'll see a fairly large, finished, access opening cut out in the closet wall. That's the space behind the TV. They have even finished the "floor" of that area. So evidently they're expecting that you'll use that space as a hidden location. But be careful. If you put anything back there that moves around it will be unreachable if it moves too far away from the opening.

Here's a photo from behind the TV that shows that WBGO had indeed created this to be a usable space - but one that's really not very usable.
Attached Images