Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2021, 02:37 PM   #1

How to get tech support

Winnebago use to have a site where you could submit tech questions and they would usually provide a good response, several days later. Has the site been remove or am I just not looking hard enough?

When I first bought my 2010, Itasca I did not realize how much time I would have to spend to repair and upgrade it. The poor craftsmanship and engineering made me quite angry, and the only solace was that I usually got the tech support I needed to make the repairs or upgrade. But I have not needed to make any for the last couple of years.

Now I want to switch to a Sloera power awning. Without that old site I do not know how to verify where in the wall, if any, I can safely add new mounting holes. Nor where I can access the exisitng wiring for power awning.

PS I did find a phone number but that person only wanted for me to see an "autherized" sevice center. The closest one to me is 3 hours away and incompetent (their tech literally did not know the difference between a volt and and an amp). The next closest is only marginaly better. I've given up using any service center.
pokgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2021, 02:45 PM   #2

I have always had good luck getting info by emailing

or@winnebagocom
Old 11-29-2021, 02:51 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I love watching the videos that Darren has made over at myrvworks.com.

He has an option where you can get his expertise on a per hour basis I believe. Sometimes you get what you pay for if you know what I mean. More than once I've spent hours trying to decide which "free" info pertained to my situation.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #4

I am not sure how this site works. I hit the thanks button for DancinCampers with a follow up. But I see that if did not seem to go to everyone. So I am repeating in hopes that someone else may answer.

It is the old tech support email that I am looking for but DancinCampers did not provide it. I am too dense to find it, if it is at Winnebago.com if it is there somewhere.
pokgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:05 PM   #5

I call them up and they email to me whatever I need.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:45 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might try:
Contact Winnebago Customer Assistance at customercare@wgo.net or 800-537-1885
from the FAQs on the Winnebago site.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #7

My email was wrong. it is

or@winnebagoind.com

I have received tech support on shower skylight repair, dryer and refrig removal and leveling system control location.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:54 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Several times when I needed help, I called Customer Service and was connected with someone who provided the information I needed. Quick, accurate and efficient. One was related to upgrading the front TV monitor, the other involved 7455 converter problems.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokgunner View Post
Winnebago use to have a site where you could submit tech questions and they would usually provide a good response, several days later. Has the site been remove or am I just not looking hard enough?

When I first bought my 2010, Itasca I did not realize how much time I would have to spend to repair and upgrade it. The poor craftsmanship and engineering made me quite angry, and the only solace was that I usually got the tech support I needed to make the repairs or upgrade. But I have not needed to make any for the last couple of years.

Now I want to switch to a Sloera power awning. Without that old site I do not know how to verify where in the wall, if any, I can safely add new mounting holes. Nor where I can access the exisitng wiring for power awning.

PS I did find a phone number but that person only wanted for me to see an "autherized" sevice center. The closest one to me is 3 hours away and incompetent (their tech literally did not know the difference between a volt and and an amp). The next closest is only marginaly better. I've given up using any service center.
I feel your pain. I had what I thought was a simple request about 3 replacement radio antennas for my 2012 Adventurer 35P. Tried Winnebago web site, was informed to contact my local Winnebago authorized dealer, which is General RV in Wixom, MI. (I believe Wixom is the headquarters of General RV nationwide). I went to GRV Wixom parts desk asking for the Winnebago items using the Winnebago part numbers and was told since I did not buy my Motorhome from General RV, they were not going to help me, even though our Motorhome was purchased from GRV by the previous owner and had two General RV decals plastered on the side and rear. I was told to contact the maker of the radios.

OK, my rant is over and I am stepping off my soap box.

Winnebago, I wish you would have a direct contact phone #, email, and or, website for user assistance.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokgunner View Post

�� what you are going through, is exactly why I will not use A winnebago service center. Bought our Solei new , but everything that broke in first year was blamed on me by dealership. Compartment doors comming open when driving taken back to dealer could not verify problem, -owner didn't close them right. 8 times. the last time mounted go pro camera, back to Dealership with video accused that I doctored video. Called owner an left message about getting my attorney involved , next morning they were calling me to find out where RV was & was going to repair both Doors @ about $7000.00 each and doing it for free under warranty .. all this to say I will not recommend a Winnebago to anyone just a lot of poor workmanship all over had to do a lot of repairs my self.
ET-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Good luck with that

I have had to call Winny several times in the past for tech support. Every time, I was on 'hold' for 1-2 hours before getting a live person. Once in a while, I would get someone who used to work on the assembly line and had good info but most of the time, they were reading out of a manual and couldn't really answer my question. The last two times, I used their email for tech support and did get good responses within a day or two.

However, ever since Winny farmed out their parts dept to a local RV dealer, I believe they have shut down tech support. I can't find it. Now, I try sites like this one, iRV2, or Youtube (scary sometimes) to figure things out.

Never have been impressed with Winny but from what I've seen and heard from others, it looks like most of the RV industry isn't any better.
P8nsbus is offline   Reply With Quote