RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

HWH 625 System - Jacks All OK - Slides Inop

We have a HWH 625 Series System. Arrived in Alaska last week. Jacks dead and rooms dead. Panel dead. Long story short... Used HWH Service Manual finally found bad PC Board, loose component. Finally able to order control box. Control box arrived yesterday, installed same today. Op panel now works, can dump air, jacks work, all 4 of them, can extend and store.

Bad news is all three (3) rooms are still dead.

As part of initial trouble shooting, removed all ground (white) wires on HWH system, cleaned same, cleaned side of manifold, and reinstalled wires. Not the problem since had the bad PC board in the control box.

Also as part of initial trouble shooting, changed the master relay since I had one. (Ordered a spare when I ordered the control box.)

So... what we got here?

1) Bad control box from HWH?

2) Something common to this mess, obviously, but where?

3) Loose cable that I plugged into the control box today?

Having trouble locating where Winnie ties the extend/retract switches to the HWH system, although I know what connector the OEM (Winnie) ties into. Guess I will have to open the control box and start measuring.

Other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 2004 Honda CR-V
NoMoreAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #2

This is a long shot but I recently had an HWH system where I had to have the jack pad in the on position for the rooms to operate. Only one I've seen so far but rather strange. Worth a try.
camper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another thought is to ensure ignition is off. Perhaps there is an interlock to disable the slides with ignition on. Can't remember if that is the case on my Journey.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #4

Problem fixed. Fix was item 3 from my original post, a loose cable. Cable was most likely not seated well when I put it in. Also did not seat well when I pushed it second time. Remove and reinstall cable was needed.

Room extensions on this coach operate with ignition key in either position, or without key. Engine should be running to charge the batteries, but does not have to be. Just need to remember to unlock the two front rooms before trying to extend them! Rear room has no lock.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 2004 Honda CR-V
NoMoreAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great outcome!
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks