Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2021, 08:20 AM   #1

HWH Leveling Pump/Manifold System in a Navion?

I have a 2014 Itasca Navion 24G. A few months back, I had what appeared to be leakage of hydraulic fluid from the front right leveling jack, and stowing the jack was slower than the other jacks and there was some sort of a warning light on the control panel. I have used the system without problem 2 or 3 times since, but always afraid that it won't work or will be stuck in the extended position. Service is not easy to come by -- local RV service centers either won't service it or are currently scheduling service for several months from now, and the nearest Winnebago service center (a Camping World location over an hour away) is scheduling in December!

I found what looks like a very thorough service manual for HWH 725 series levelers, and the descriptions and diagrams match the system in my Navion. What they don't do, for obvious reasons, is to tell where a particular RV manufacturer chose to install their hardware. The service manual has a nice overview diagram (see attached), but I have been completely unable to locate the "PUMP/MANIFOLD ASSEMBLY" shown in the diagram. Perhaps one has to remove a panel somewhere.

So my question here is simple - where would I find the HWH PUMP/MANIFOLD ASSEMBLY in a 2014 Navion? I don't know what I will do if I find it, but perhaps I can at least check the hydraulic fluid level.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH725ServiceManual-ml48380-120319-MainDiagram.pdf (163.7 KB, 60 views)
bbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2021, 09:21 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Have you looked under the hood? If so, and it's not there, then get under the rig and follow the hydraulic hose from the jacks. They will lead you to the pump assy.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:30 AM   #3

Have someone deploy the jacks while you walk around the coach and LISTEN for the sound of the pump running. EASY.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:54 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't see any mention of a leveling system in the Brochures, Operator Manuals or Parts Catalogs for the 2014 or 2015 Navions. Do you know if this was an OEM install or aftermarket? If OEM, I would give Winnebago a call and see if they can help.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions

Haven't found it yet, and my Navion is currently in for service so can't check anything new right now, but thanks for the suggestions.
  • I don't know whether or not the levelers were an aftermarket add-on, but calling Winnebago sounds like s good idea!
  • Listening for the pump also sounds like a good idea. I have always raised or lowered the jacks with the engine on, but I think they will work in Accessory mode.
  • I have looked under the hood, and don't find anything that could possibly be it.
  • Tracing the hydraulic lines is much easier said than done. I have looked at all 4 jacks from below and you just can't see the top of them, and there are multiple things that might be hydraulic lines, or something else, running close to the tops of the jacks -- the underside is really busy with various compartments and mechanisms. I may give it another crack, however, because tracing the lines is the obvious certain way to find the Pump/Manifold Assembly!
Old 07-29-2021, 05:39 PM   #6

Found it!

Following one of the suggestions, with the ignition on (required) but not the engine, I had my wife pulse a jack extend button until I could localize the sound of the hydraulic pump. The HWH Pump/Manifold assembly is under the right side of the coach behind the cab passenger door and in front of the coach steps and entry door. First attached photo is about the best I could get from below. Second attached photo is of the body side panel which I believe you would have to remove in order to service the unit, including to access the tank that holds hydraulic fluid. Notable is that the mechanism doesn't look much like the line drawing in the HWH service manual, but they probably have different models depending on the size and shape of the space available for installation.

Fortunately, things are working, including the auto leveling function, so I am not going to pursue it further, but I am happy to know where the mechanism is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210729_085315-1600.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	667.9 KB
ID:	337703   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210729_085615-800.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	337704  

Tags