Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #1

I a couple of years ago I had the hydrolic cylinder replace that is underneath the bedroom slide for the closet in my 2005 Meridian 32t.. Soon after that the hoses started to bubble an inch or two from the fitting where the hoses attach to the cylinder. Local winnebago wanted many/many hours to fix this and I decided to live with it as the drips were neglible. Now It is getting worse and I need to put new hoses on, or cut them off and replace the ends. I tried to upload a picture with no luck, also I have sent a message to hwh a few weeks ago with no response. If any of you have dealt with this please advise, If you want a picture let me know. thanks
littlebaler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Ive done the lr slide but not the bedroom, sorry.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have had the same problem you are having, plus more. The hose needs to be replaced. If you let it go the slide will creep out on you. Pressure is what holes the slide in. There is a number on the hose. Get this number and give HWH a call. It's not that hard to replace.I have done this a few times. I care spare with me now. Before you order the hose, check out all the hoses. Some are easy to run them down and one are two takes a little time to run down.Most of mine has been replaced. Just finish the front slide. The hose they use are specail hoses. They said they have solved the problem with the hoses.When disconnecting the hose, do it sloww to let the pressure off. After replacing the hose, run it in and out to remove the air from the lines.I bring it in a couple of feet and back out. Each time go in more , until I get all the way in and back out. When all done I check the fluid level.
Randy Chesnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #4

So, as it gets worse, the slide itself will creep out? I have not noticed that yet. I wondered why it was under pressure. Where is the number at? The winnebago dealer here wants 14 shop hours to replace this hose so I just assumed it must be a tough one. When it warms up a little I plan on just doing it myself. Thanks
littlebaler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Just a suggestion. As already noted, if you give HWH the number on the leaking hose, they may give you new hoses if they are of the batch that gave many problems. If they want to charge you for replacement hoses, suggest you consider taking the OEM hoses to any good auto parts jobber (like NAPA), they can make up good hydraulic hoses right on the spot. I did that and the locally made hose was superior and less costly than the OEM stuff. Just make sure you duplicate the length of any original hose you decide to replace.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by littlebaler1:
So, as it gets worse, the slide itself will creep out? I have not noticed that yet. I wondered why it was under pressure. Where is the number at? The winnebago dealer here wants 14 shop hours to replace this hose so I just assumed it must be a tough one. When it warms up a little I plan on just doing it myself. Thanks
the numbers are at the end of hose. they are typed on white paper and protected with clear tape.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

About 4 years ago I had real good luck dealing with HWH, but even though other posters keep saying how well they work with you, during the last year or so all the representatives I have had contact with there have been very short, blunt, and not all that helpful. Most of them will sell you a part but as far as getting help with and solving a problem, forget it. Too bad, they used to be a very consumer oriented company. Hope they solve your problem.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I agree with Wagonmaster 2 . It,s hard to get them to call you back. I allso tried E-Mail. They have become a very unfriendly bunch. Since I got my coach in 04 I have had nothing but problems with hydralic.If I ever get another coach, it will not have their system on it.
Randy Chesnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Sorry to hear that about HWH, it seems they are continuing the trend. About 3 yrs ago I ordered a replacement (out of warenttee) cyl that had been leaking since it was new. The support person was helpful in selling me a rebuilt one. On the other hand I just spent 20 min on the phone with a Splendide rep and they were most helpful. An again, the same great service I received 3 years ago. Maybe HWH should take a lesson from Splendide.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

My experience with hwh hoses is that they have a part number tag on each end of the hose and also the lenght of the hose. Its helpful if you make up your own replacement. On one coach I worked on (not a wini) the oem folks ran the hoses above the bays and thru bulk head and covered them with spay foam insulation. In that case we had to cut off the old hose and run a new hose. We use a piece of 1" pvc pipe to span some areas between bays.
I know that when I had a hwh hose leak under warrentee, hwh did not recommend new hose ends, they replaced the complete line. I have also use hose specility shops that make hydo hoses for commercial and farm equipt. Just make sure to keep the new stuff clean, which is hard when you have had a leak and the road dirt gets into it.

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We had our hoses replaced under a recall from HWH. The work was done by 3 T's in Lake Havasu City, AZ. We have a 2002 30Y Adventurer. I would contact 3 T's and they could tell you if your coach is under the recall.
Lou & Dianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:41 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

VERY important that the replacement hose is the same length as the original, according to the manual.

I found Randy at HWH to be most helpful getting advice and troubleshooting help.
jackrobinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

I had all of my hydraulic hoses replaced as they were defective. HWH paid for the hoses.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Steeler and Nittany Lion fans
Posts: 15 | Location: wherever | Registered: October 08, 2006
Jim, I've got 2 leaking now. How long ago did you have them replaced on HWH's dime?

Workhorse Chassis
Norm3206 is offline   Reply With Quote