Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2020, 09:19 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Hydraulic system

does anyone have any suggestion I have a 2006 Winnebago adventurer 38T. Left Home this morning and everything was fine got to our first destination and the Hydraulic's don't work. Nether the levelers or the slide's will work. the Pump runs but the solenoid valves are not clicking. checked all fuses and wire connections everything is good. Looking for suggestions
neal day is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2020, 09:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wild guess, a safety interlock hasn’t allowed jacks or slides to work.

For example, emergency brake not on, or park brake.
Ignition on or off depending on model.

Just a couple of guesses .

Good luck,
Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:38 AM   #3

AZ Pete will be here shortly and I for one will be listening to what he says
In the mean time, ours does that sometimes. The pump runs but the sound is as if the pump is working very hard. that is it's making lots of pressure but the pressure has no where to go. Sometimes I just wait it out, and sometimes I wiggle all the wires connected to the box with the plexiglass cover. I'm convinced it's an illusive ground but I've not found the little rascal yet.
Good luck
Stan
Old 05-13-2020, 05:35 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Your 2006 and my 2004 HWH system should be very similar if not exactly the same unit. Here's trouble shooting aid that should help you isolate the problem. It shows the location of the fuses and LEDs and the function of each. Also I've attached the service manual.
Good luck,
Bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH Quick Ref LED & Fuses.pdf (12.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: pdf HWH 325 Series Service Mnual - Newer 2014.pdf (1,018.9 KB, 78 views)
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:49 PM   #5

Onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal day View Post
does anyone have any suggestion I have a 2006 Winnebago adventurer 38T. Left Home this morning and everything was fine got to our first destination and the Hydraulic's don't work. Nether the levelers or the slide's will work. the Pump runs but the solenoid valves are not clicking. checked all fuses and wire connections everything is good. Looking for suggestions
Hi
Did you check what 96bounder suggested as that would prevent all actions from taking place, its also possible that the interlocking switch may be bad on the brake, for example brake is on but switch isn't confirming check switch and its connections? as far as your hydraulic pump it can handle no hydraulic action as the relief valve will allow oil pressure to cycle back to tank and will only activate the jacks or slide when appropriate solenoid is activated. Interested to know what you find out.
Good luck
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:43 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
hydraulics

Thanks Everyone for you suggestions. I found a troubleshooting list on HWH website and checked out. It led Me to find the low pressure switch is not working am ordering a new one today again Thank You
Old 05-23-2020, 05:36 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Hyd system still not working right

Got the low pressure switch and got it installed today. Now the jacks and and slides are really really slow and won't go all the way out, You can hear the pump running put not sure it its under a load. HWH troubleshooting guide doesn't say anything about this.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #8

Not to point out the obvious, but since you are in need: Did you check your fluid level?

...If your fluid level is not the problem, have you tried to "bang" your your HWH pump motor? ...If it works you may or may not need a new motor. ...Use a piece of thin wood and hammer the other end.

...Still no joy... try adding a ground wire to the back of your HWH control board.

... Or maybe your HWH button on the face panel is going bad?

Note: On my HWH LCD control panel, the button to raise my jacks failed and I got it working by touching the back pcb-button contact to ground using a circuit text probe. (See picture.)

That's saved my Arss... What happened is that the button failed... but all it is... is a switch to ground... so tapping the button with the test probe completed the circuit to ground. ...And my jacks started working.

Note: Your LCD board will be different than mine, but I bet those buttons operate on the same principle.

And that's all I got!!! ...Azpete will need to step-in after you try the above exercises.

*** Oh wait a minute. Just the other day someone said they got their HWH system working by wiggling their power relay. ...And on my type of coach, apparently my HWH power relay is grouped with the other system relays. (See picture.)

See this thread for more info and to pass your kudos on the these guys: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/baf...ue-478130.html

In this thread Azpete says: "...anytime our systems works, even intermittently, the problem almost always turns out to be a bad connection. first thing i would check is the two bolts that hold the pump assembly to the mounting bracket. thats the main ground to the system. from there, its just cleaning and reinstalling fuses, connecters, and plugs. i use a spray electronic cleaner from autozone or napa.
when it does operate correctly, use the led guide to see where you are losing the ground."

...In fact, based on this tip, I put this action item on my summer to-do list * Add a ground wire to the the HWH pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ground Jumper To Active Store Button.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	286692  
Attached Images

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:30 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
hydraulics

Thanks for your Ideas, But I don't think it is electrical. The low pressure switch was bad I just replaced it, made sure the tank was full. Both the slides and the Levelers work but move very very slow and don't go all the way out the slide goes out about 2/3 of the way out and stops. The levelers go down about 3 or 4 inches and stop, the pump keeps running but don't sound like it has a load. I am thinking problems with pump impeller, was hoping someone had more information
Old 05-24-2020, 01:27 AM   #10

Neal Day: Yep... Wish you said so in the first place.

These were the symptoms I experienced. Then I sent my LCD board back to HWH and within 2-week I got a new board. ...I plugged the new board in and everything worked normally.

...When you call HWH they will give you an RMA number.

Of course, you may have a motor problem if your fluid level is okay? Did you try banging it?

Or Azpete may chime in and give you/us some other ideas. He's the expert, not me.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal day View Post
Thanks for your Ideas, But I don't think it is electrical. The low pressure switch was bad I just replaced it, made sure the tank was full. Both the slides and the Levelers work but move very very slow and don't go all the way out the slide goes out about 2/3 of the way out and stops. The levelers go down about 3 or 4 inches and stop, the pump keeps running but don't sound like it has a load. I am thinking problems with pump impeller, was hoping someone had more information
I'm going to throw out another guess. If the pump motor is running and it moves a bit of fluid and it doesn't sound like it has a load, I'd look at the shuttle valve. You could gently tap it with a block of wood. Better though to remove it to check for the tiny little nut at the bottom of the assembly. they do go missing and then the shuttle goes into bypass. Bypass is required for the jacks to return to the up position when the valves are commanded up
I used a 7/8'" crowfoot wrench to remove the shuttle valve. After of course removing the pipe at the top.
If you have a 5000psi gage you could tap into the system at the pipe that connects to the top of the shuttle valve.But not a lot of guys have such a gage.
I'm sure AzPete will be here shortly.
Stan
Old 05-24-2020, 04:32 PM   #12
Commercial Member

i believe stans right.
the shuttle valve is failing. it wont be one or two tries, and it will fail all together. it sounds like its hanging up about half way.
the symptoms you describe can also be cause by bad impeller, but i dont think so.
please contact me if you need help.
pfmaddox@att.net or 1 602 549 3638
paul maddox
i work for hwh corp. i do not solicit part sales, or service work on this forum.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:38 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank Guys, I think you are probably right will check it out tomorrow. And if need be I will order one Tuesday. Thanks again
Old 06-15-2020, 07:44 AM   #14

I had similar problems, changed the shuttle to no avail. My problem turned out to be hyd system motor grounding. My electric motor was grounded thru the end plate, which was aluminum and corroded. I solved my problem without buying any expensive parts. I removed the end plate, drillled thru the plate and the ground connection inside, but a bolt and nutted it with the stud end on the outside, attached a #6 ground wire to the stud and frame, end of problem. Sorry I didn't take any pictures but an interesting fact is all replacement motors come with the grounding stud.
Dispatch6350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic