Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2018, 10:55 PM   #211

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdjackson56 View Post
Yes, I'm still diagnosing. I've seen post about a diode needing to be added to the circuit. Also seen where replacing the water pump fixes the issue. If there are other solutions I would be interested also.
If my past work is any indication then this is a situation we are describing where the pump motor is generating noise and it is picked up in the circuitry of the firefly touch panel. Since those circuits control the light switches we get flashing.

If this is the same problem then a new pump might have less noise but it might not. A diode can clamp the voltage spikes or a capacitor could filter them out. There are ferrite rings that help too.

I have an oscilloscope that I could check the wires for noise but have not gotten to look yet. Knowing others have the problem might get me some energy to look sooner since it’s not just a quirk of my unit.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2018, 05:35 AM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
If my past work is any indication then this is a situation we are describing where the pump motor is generating noise and it is picked up in the circuitry of the firefly touch panel. Since those circuits control the light switches we get flashing.

If this is the same problem then a new pump might have less noise but it might not. A diode can clamp the voltage spikes or a capacitor could filter them out. There are ferrite rings that help too.

I have an oscilloscope that I could check the wires for noise but have not gotten to look yet. Knowing others have the problem might get me some energy to look sooner since it’s not just a quirk of my unit.
Thanks . would be interested in what you find out and how it was fixed.
tdjackson56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #213

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I’m at Lazydays on Thursday and will see what they say.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:48 AM   #214

Pre check List on LBCU

We have a 2016 Ellipse and after going to Freightliner Camp we were told we have a precheck list that comes up every time time we start our coach. Mine does not come up and i have been to a freightliner dealer and replaced the LBCU 3 times and then Freightliner told us Winnebago ordered chassis so LBCU did not have a pre check list. Older unites do have the checklist. So my question is for 2016 and newer coaches do you have a precheck list when you start your coach?
drurytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:37 PM   #215

I do on my 2016 Grand Tour.. Which is equivalent to the Ellipse.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:54 AM   #216

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVtrader
How to get to the front of the Magnum Inverter

ON The 2014 WINNEBAGO TOUR the inverter is mounted on the passenger side in the front bay up side down on the ceiling and right up to the back of the cabinet wall.

Making it impossible to get to the Power Switch, Status LED, and Accessory Connection Ports.

Has anyone been able to access that area of the inverter?

I called winnebago and the service rep.had no idea how to access it.
RVtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #217

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I asked the same question. I was told you have to drop the inverter to access the side where all the connections are. I am going to cut a hole in the wall in the next compartment back in order to expose that side. If you find a better way please let us know.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:17 AM   #218

Quote:
i do on my 2016 grand tour.. Which is equivalent to the ellipse.
thanks for the reply tom?
Old 02-27-2018, 04:19 AM   #219

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Precheck list

Quote:
Originally Posted by drurytr View Post
We have a 2016 Ellipse and after going to Freightliner Camp we were told we have a precheck list that comes up every time time we start our coach. Mine does not come up and i have been to a freightliner dealer and replaced the LBCU 3 times and then Freightliner told us Winnebago ordered chassis so LBCU did not have a pre check list. Older unites do have the checklist. So my question is for 2016 and newer coaches do you have a precheck list when you start your coach?
Yes we have one on our 2016 Ellipse I find it and the same idea on the RM Nav system to be too much trouble to use. The FL display is pretty poor in general in my view.
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:37 AM   #220

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Miscellaneous

Quote:
Yes, I'm still diagnosing. I've seen post about a diode needing to be added to the circuit. Also seen where replacing the water pump fixes the issue. If there are other solutions I would be interested also.
Went to Lazydays and they can’t help on the flashing lights when the pump is running problem. They did not have time to fix the fireflies problem as well. Most other issues are fixed e.g. aquahot pump and Nav system.

The Nav required a new computer head. Turns out that is the DVD/SD unit and the display is just a display. I’m certain now the RM unit is a PC with a display. Also a new thing to me is that the drink holder assembly just pops out and gives you access to the computer head!
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:01 AM   #221

Quote:
Went to Lazydays and they can’t help on the flashing lights when the pump is running problem. They did not have time to fix the fireflies problem as well. Most other issues are fixed e.g. aquahot pump and Nav system.

The Nav required a new computer head. Turns out that is the DVD/SD unit and the display is just a display. I’m certain now the RM unit is a PC with a display. Also a new thing to me is that the drink holder assembly just pops out and gives you access to the computer head!
Thanks for the update. Frustrating that they could find the flashing LED lights issue. When I spoke to the winnebago service admins they stated that the certified repair centers could call back to Corp to get the fix. It was suggested that it could potentially a diode needing to be inserted into the circuit or a grounding issue. They hesitated to tell me how to DIY.. But with that said the service admin staff have been great providing info and support for my other issues. Glad that you got everything else resolved.
Quote:
Yes we have one on our 2016 Ellipse I find it and the same idea on the RM Nav system to be too much trouble to use. The FL display is pretty poor in general in my view.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:45 AM   #222

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I understand about being too much to use and i may not like it either. I would have more confidence in the system if it worked as advertises though. Tom
Old 03-04-2018, 10:09 AM   #223

Our 2015 Ellipse is still at the dealer. Two months! Fortunately we haven't wanted to go anywhere during this time and the weather has not been good anyway. Aqua Hot issues, AC replacement, door replacement due to the lock being broken (who knew?) we thought the key fob was faulty, and water system frozen (wasn't when we took it in) and who knows what else? We did well last year but took it in for some general servicing back in November and also Aqua Hot issues then. Who knew you must run the AH like your gennie or it will get gunked up? I've asked over and over about running the heater while on the road and about getting continuous hot water and NOW I'm told you have to work that diesel burner. Great. We have reservations for a month in NM @ Ruidoso Motorcoach Ranch starting in June and I'm hoping it'll be ready by then. We understand things happen and we've been patient and still are but it sure gets depressing sometimes. I'm thinking we might want to downsize since it appears we are not ever going to be full timers or big adventurers or rally goers. My husband isn't into all that. The Airstream travel trailers are looking appealing but then we'd have to get a truck. However, the Airstream Atlas might be a good fit for us in the class B line. MUCH smaller I know but easier to deal with perhaps??
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:18 AM   #224

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think several of us have had issues and they have seemed never ending. We’ve had 3 Motorhomes and one trailer - one MH used and the rest new.

Having gone through all of that I think they all have problems and you have to keep in mind how you got to where you are.

We have what is close to perfect for us. We don’t full time or go to rally’s. But we do like the size and features of our Ellipse. Issues happen and if they are serious we get them fixed. If they aren’t then we evaluate how much they impact us. We are still under warranty but we take the same approach whether in or out of warranty.

When we get frustrated I think we just ask ourselves if we are really gaining from further “grass is greener” changes and conclude we are as close as we can get to perfection and stop stressing. Sometimes the philosophy of AA makes sense. Accept some things in the world as not fixable by us.

We all still have a life better than 99% of every human in the history of the world.

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago