Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #1

Inverter Settings

I have a 2005 Journey. How should I set the Inverter on the power panel. I just bought the coach used and don't have the instructions . I was pressing the buttons and am afraid I may have cahnged the amp settings.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #2

If you have the 2000 watt dimensions inverter, here is the manual.

http://dimensions.sensata.com/Manuals/121986.pdf
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
The one thing I hard a hard time learning about the inverter on our 2004 Journey was that when you turn on or off the inverter--go slow. The on or off function is not instantaneous when you press the button.

If you have three house batteries, I believe that the 20 amp charge value is the correct input charge for that bank of batteries. Someone will correct me if wrong--I hope.

Good luck and enjoy your Journey--it is a great coach. We love ours after 5 years and 45Kmiles.
DeanLinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #4

More info is needed. I know you stated "invertor", but are you asking about charge current and battery types for your invertor/combination 3 stage charger? If so, what brand and model of invertor/charger do you have? Xantrex, Dimension, other? How many batteries do you have and what are the types (AGM, other) The web sites for each should have owners manuals explaining how to set charge conditions for various battery configurations and temperatures.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many inverters are also convertes or chargers

Now.. as for the proper charge rate.. That depends on both the batteries and the inverter but here are 3 guides

Trojan says to computer the capacity of your batteries (Two six volts in series add voltage to 12 and call 'em one battery, do not add amp hours, Two 12's in parallel add amp hours, do not add voltage)

So one pair of Trojan T-105 or Interstate U-2200 are around 220-230 amp
hours (Let's use 220)

So if your charger is a 3-stage:

Trojan says to charge at 10-12% capacity (Thus, 20 amps per pair)

Xantrex suggests 30% capacity (About 60-70 amps per pair)

Lifeline AGM, 30-300 Percent of capacity so 70-700 amps

If your charger is a single stage.... A new converter is indicated