Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2023, 09:42 AM   #1

Slides will not retract

Bedroom slide worked fine. Last night for the first time we put out both slides. Trying to bring them in with no luck on either one. I don’t know where to check. I found the manual Ray.In posted but it didn’t help me..

LeeB
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2023, 09:48 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is the rv running. Sometimes there is a lockout where it will not work if the engine is not running.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 10:13 AM   #3

Is it hydraulic? If control panel is working, there could be fuses to check and maybe low battery voltage and/or bad connection to the solenoid
Wbago97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 10:23 AM   #4

Battery Condition? Charged and engine running? Is the coach level? Breakers checked? Any sounds of the motors? Did you check the controllers in the basement for error codes?
Forza Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 02:00 PM   #5

Thanks for the thoughts. I have been on the phone all morning with Winnebago Customer support and these guys have been fantastic. They had me check and do everything y’all suggested.

Does anyone know how to by-pass the emergency break??? Because as you know it has to be engaged in order for the slides to work.

LeeB
Old 05-22-2023, 02:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. I have been on the phone all morning with Winnebago Customer support and these guys have been fantastic. They had me check and do everything y’all suggested.

Does anyone know how to by-pass the emergency break??? Because as you know it has to be engaged in order for the slides to work.

LeeB
Is your control panel showing that warning light that parking break is not engaged?
Wbago97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 03:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbago97 View Post
Is your control panel showing that warning light that parking break is not engaged?
No the red light is on when engaged. Off when released.
LeeB
Old 05-22-2023, 04:00 PM   #8

Is There A Way to By-Pass Emergency Brake

I am at my wits end. I have mobile RV Tech coming tomorrow (May 23rd) costing major $$$$. But it going to be a small price to pay is he fixes it.

My slides will not retract. I have tested and retested been on the phone with Winnebago Customer Support and we are running out of ideas. Power is good everywhere, correct procedure done.

I’m just trying to find out if disconnecting the emergency brake will work! If nothing else it will eliminate the emergency brake and the mobile guy can look at something else.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:37 PM   #9

have you tried releasing amd re-setting the emergency brake?
Old 05-22-2023, 08:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
have you tried releasing amd re-setting the emergency brake?
Yes many many times, engine on, engine off. 1 click 2 clicks 3 clicks etc.

Thanks LeeB
Old 05-23-2023, 06:03 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I would think that if the ebrake was a factor in moving the slides, it could only be in relation to the switch that says it's on or it's off. Bypassing this switch correctly, either by pulling off one wire, or by shorting the two wires together, would solve the problem if that's what's going on. My own ebrake is inoperative, and the warning light is on all the time, but it doesn't effect the slide operation on my rig. And maybe it's been bypassed by the PO for this purpose, or for the jacks.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:36 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
The only time I has an issue with slides was first time I tried to extend. Since I was new to the coach, and never had slides or auto levelers in our previous RVs, I was checking and double checking everything. Being very cautious.

Turns out I was too cautious, as unknownst to me, the leveling system timed out and turned itself off.
So the slides wouldnt move. Took about 10 minutes of reading before I discovered my error.

Good luck
JPO1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 12:28 PM   #13

Lee, Assuming that your warning light on the leveling control pad is off after you turn the pad on, are you able to bump your jacks up? This would indictate the pump is working. If the pump is not working I would check the fuses located on the pump motor harness. This is located behind the front cap. There should be 3 automotive blade type fuses inline contained in individual fuse holders. One 40amp and two 20amp.

Fuses for the slideout control circuit should be either on the interior firewall under the drivers side dash, or above the instrument cluster when you lift up the dash board. I do not know where the parking brake interlock relay feeding the room controls are, but might be in same location. When you look at the fuse block above the cluster, there should be a small fuse block attached to a larger one. I think the fuse might be in the small block on top, as I believe this one was added by Winnebago. It also has the fuse for the backup camera and AUX coach heater.
Old 05-23-2023, 02:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinCampers;6507898. Lee, Assuming that your warning light on the leveling control pad is off after you turn the pad on, are you able to bump your jacks up? This would indictate the pump is working. If the pump is not working I would check the fuses located on the pump motor harness. This is located behind the front cap. There should be 3 automotive blade type fuses inline contained in individual fuse holders. One 40amp and two 20amp.
[B
Last thing we did before we started to leave was pull in the slides (that was the first clue) NO SLIDE MOVEMENT we hmmmmd so I brought up the levelers (they are spring loaded). I have found 2 fuses only (and from underneath) 1 large 40amp and 1 normal 20amp[/B]

Fuses for the slideout control circuit should be either on the interior firewall under the drivers side dash, or above the instrument cluster when you lift up the dash board. I do not know where the parking brake interlock relay feeding the room controls are, but might be in same location. When you look at the fuse block above the cluster, there should be a small fuse block attached to a larger one. I think the fuse might be in the small block on top, as I believe this one was added by Winnebago. It also has the fuse for the backup camera and AUX coach heater.
I’ll have to look in those locations. I actually have a Mobile RV Tech coming out this afternoon.

Thanks LeeB

Tags
brake, slide