Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2019, 10:17 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We put more food items in the cupboards above the dinette also. Boxed dry foods etc fit fine there.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2019, 09:12 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
I looked at one the other day - I liked the coach, but noted two negatives - limited closet space, and I don't recall a pantry. What do you use for food storage?
We have the QD. I have no problems with closet space. Use the cabinets for hang up stuff, drawers for loose stuff and cabinets above bed for folding items.

Pantry is door beside fridge. Spice rack opens and drawers/shelves behind. Drawers below pantry. Lots of storage above stove and sink.

Overall I find I have too much storage. I take items along I never use or forget I brought along.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
We have the QD. I have no problems with closet space. Use the cabinets for hang up stuff, drawers for loose stuff and cabinets above bed for folding items.

Pantry is door beside fridge. Spice rack opens and drawers/shelves behind. Drawers below pantry. Lots of storage above stove and sink.

Overall I find I have too much storage. I take items along I never use or forget I brought along.
2011 QD here. 96K miles. Not full timers but use it 3-4 months a year in 1-6 week junkets. And we still have unused storage space and stuff we've stored and have never used!
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
Good to know...from alot of the posts here, it would seem that the side radiator is a must have option.

On a slightly different note - is heated floor an option for them?
Our MH is a Spartan chassis side-radiator, I really like it, but I would not let the radiator placement deter me from buying what suited us.
About the only down-side to a side-radiator is engine noise is more noticeable when near the rear of the MH.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:03 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
2014 Tour Drivers side slide won’t go out no power?

Had to replace all 6 house batts suddenly before a quick trip.
Now drivers side slide will not go out. Lock/ unlock button does nothing also.
Reset the whole coach but still nothing.
Seems like no power to it.
Can’t find a breaker for it.
Book says there is a breaker in storage compartment just behind passenger. There does not seem to be one.
Took out control panel for it at main control centerand pressed little button but nothing.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thx, Don
deschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:52 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Don, the book may be referring to the components behind the "magazine rack" to the side of the passenger seat. Have you checked there? You'll have to remove the rack from the wood casing, it's held in there with wire brads I believe, and maybe a phillips screw or two.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:09 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The breaker and control module are in the last cabinet drivers side where the DEF tank is. The controller in behind the two panels in the middle of the compartment. When you tried to put the slide out where there any lights on the control panel? If I remember correctly there are two 40 amp brakes for the full wall slide. The little button behind the indoor control panel puts the controller into manual mode. Push it for a couple seconds the LED on the back will flash and now the in and out buttons move the front and back separately. I will attach the instruction manual.https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...3010002129.pdf
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:36 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I misunderstood storage compartment, thinking (above couch).
Old 08-26-2019, 07:36 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
I’ll check the DEF compartment this morning.
Right now it seems there is no power to it at all .
Thanks guys.
Don
Old 08-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a battery/inverter/battery disconnect switch in the first passenger compartment sitting above the vacuum cleaner. Big rotary switch.

Had a issue one time when the house power was stupid. The inverter went off and nothing seemed to work to get it started from the panel inside. Finally went out and turned the big rotary switch to off and then back on. It worked but not sure why.

Issue with coach to coach is they are continually in a state of change. Our early 15 is quite different than our neighbors mid year 15. Light switches are different (rocker vs touch), level pump location (under steps vs first drivers compartment), etc that sometimes what one describes may not be what another finds. I really appreciate RV techs for the amount of knowledge they would have to know, not only from model to model but differences within the models.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:34 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Found the breakers for the slides in the DEF compartment. Would never have looked there per the manual. Thanks guys.
None seemed to out but pushed all anyway.
Slide still seems to have no power and lock rocker switch does nothing.
Then did a full coach reset with the knob etc
Still seems no power to that slide. Other slides work fine.
Took connector off and back on control panel inside but nothing.

FYI they did recently have to redo my whole passenger side mechanism for the 3 rd time. Did a new upgraded slide mechanism this time.

So called and scheduled to get the coach in on Sept 5 .
I’ll let you all know what they find.
Thank you all. I love this forum.
Don
Old 08-27-2019, 08:14 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
I wonder if the motors became unplugged. I had one of the motors in the full wall slide become disconnected. We were getting all kinds of error codes but nothing that indicated a disconnection. Fortunately our neighbor was able to find the issue using a mirror. I was able to reach in and managed to get the connector together.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #27
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
WARNING: Ron Postma posted the control unit. The warning is that once you go into manual override all safety is disabled. Make sure the slide is moving on both sides evenly. The book says withing 2 inches but I believe that is to much leeway.

Now, don't ask me how I know this. On my system for the FWS, on the control panel, is a key that can lock the slide controls so the slide will not operate. If that key is not in the fully unlocked, just turned a little bit, the slide (oh mine) will not operate.

Don, is your FWS hydraulic or electric. My 2015 built in Aug 2014 is hydraulic (Well, I think it is. hee hee)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:55 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
2014 Tour Drivers Slide

Latest Update on my Drivers Slide issue
So I go out to coach yesterday after housekeeper cleaned it.
She had turned off gen I had on to keep her cool but moved a/c “system” control to heat instead of off.
Coach was dead at 6.2 batt voltage even though it is plugged in to 110 v 20 amp plug and all 6 house batts are brand new.

So I reset the whole coach using inside disconnects by the door and the inverter disconnect underneath. Then start coach engine then use batt boost to start gen.
I go to main control panel and house voltage is normal already at 12.2 v.
I check both passenger slides. They work. Try big slide and it does not.
Hit the big slide lock button and think I hear a faint sound so I hold it down both ways a bit. All of a sudden it locks. So unlock it and now the big slide works!
Go figure.

Tags
itasca, winnebago