Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #1

Itasca slide out not sitting even with main floor

I am replacing the floor in 05 itaska and upon removal of carpet i found that one side when extended is sitting lower than the other ..I have checked to see if it when retracting will clear the new vinyl plank and it wont on one side? can i adjust it somehow and is there any detailed diagram available?
G.A.JACOBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
Commercial Member

if its a hwh slide with two rams under the floor, the room is designed to slide across the floor. thats what the plastic glide strip is for. there isnt an adjustment to keep it from touching the floor. the only adjustment is to the outside wall. thats the plates on the end of the rams.
if its an x arm. you can check the top room mounting brackets to see if there are spacers that can be removed to make the room sit higher.
there is a x arm service manual on the hwh website.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #3

the room is suposed to drop down level but one side is clearly lower and upon retraction it -on one side is catching the plank flooring which is only 1/8 thick a lot thinner than carpet but being a solid product it pulls it up.if I could re align the box then I would eliminate this issue.any insight would be appreciated.
G.A.JACOBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #4

Check your nylon pads under the rams. They have a tendancy of breaking and falling out, dropping the slide. However this should be visible when the slide is closed as well
Old 11-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.A.JACOBS View Post
I am replacing the floor in 05 itaska and upon removal of carpet i found that one side when extended is sitting lower than the other ..I have checked to see if it when retracting will clear the new vinyl plank and it wont on one side? can i adjust it somehow and is there any detailed diagram available?

There are several checks to make. It would help to know more about your coach. What model and floor plan do you have? Winnebago support line will email you the measurements and adjusting procedure if you call them.

On my old '05 Vectra 40FD the nylon pads had to be replaced. This is common. And a bolt holding the basement compartment to the slide broke. Another common problem but with devastating if the compartment falls. Mine didn't.

If you let the forum know where you are someone may know of a trustworthy repair shop nearby. This is always a crap shoot in my opinion. "Good" shops have failed to fix my problems and have even made thing worse. Be very careful who you trust. When you find a good shop latch on to them and don't let go.

Hope you get things squared away soon.

Rick
Old 11-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #6

I have the same problem, in my casw the passenger side slide is about 3/8" lower than the main floor when extended. I too replaced the carpet and have the same issue with the edge of the slide catching the laminate when I close the slide. I did find an old thread that discussed adjusting the slide but it wasn't detailed enough to assist me in adjusting mine. I will be interested in what you find out and if I discover a remedy I will let you know.

Tags
slide, slide out, itasca