Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #85

Winnebago Owners Club
Checking shortly. Thanks for the heads up.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2016, 06:37 AM   #86

Winnebago Owners Club
Slide followup

We made it to the GNR yesterday. We are waiting for an appointment at the factory shop. The line is long and the big crowd is not in yet.

Well, when we set up we braved a try at putting the slide in question out. Before it got too far into the process there was a loud bang. I gave a quick look outside and found nothing significant. The slide came back in and now we just wait for the shop to tell us what comes next.

We have Cornerstone for our extended warranty. So far they have been useless. They are very good at finding ways NOT to pay. I will try to get them to pick up the tab on this fix. My hopes are not high.

We came too close to having another insurance claim of the worst kind. A deer ran between us and an oncoming 18 wheeler. I was too busy recovering from the fright to think to look back to see if it made it all the way. The things that pass through ones mind at a moment like that are amazing. I am so glad that what could have been counts for nothing. Now our task is to enjoy the GNR. Took 1900 miles of adventures to get here.

Happy trails,
Rick Y

PS: For those with the roof ripple: I am going to have that looked at while here. Will post on that to.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:10 AM   #87

Rick,
Winnebago will not work with your insurance (Cornerstone) during GNR.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
Rick,
Winnebago will not work with your insurance (Cornerstone) during GNR.
Thank ChasA. I realize this. What I want to do is the leg work of providing all the Winnebago estimate documents to Cornerstone and have the service rep talk on my phone with them, if he will, to get me covered. I may still have to pay out of pocket, but I might get reimbursed.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #89

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Thank ChasA. I realize this. What I want to do is the leg work of providing all the Winnebago estimate documents to Cornerstone and have the service rep talk on my phone with them, if he will, to get me covered. I may still have to pay out of pocket, but I might get reimbursed.

Rick - We always to up the road to Lichtsinn for our service. Have had great work done there and have always been treated very well. I imagine Lichtsinn will be really busy as well with GNR running.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:02 AM   #90

Rear A/C does not seem to be working...we are camping in 98 degree weather...and I feel cool air coming out of the bedroom supply vents...but I do not hear it running. Have not been up on the roof to verify/remove cover/and trouble shoot yet...anybody else had one fail at 5 years? And I suppose it could also the the thermostat...let the games begin😂
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:24 AM   #91

Nevermind...it was the breaker under the bed...face slap😂
Old 07-28-2016, 06:59 AM   #92

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
Nevermind...it was the breaker under the bed...face slap😂
Jim, Why did the breaker trip? You could have a start or run capacitor on its way out.

Just as thought for all... Check the condensation pump discharge hose end of each A/C unit. There is a plastic barrel screen fitted into each hose. They tend to get plugged over time. This can be pulled out of the hose end, cleaned and reinstalled with little trouble.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 07-29-2016, 09:08 AM   #93

Winnebago Owners Club
During our walk through the screens were particularly pointed out to us by the Tech.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:10 AM   #94

They were good...the ducting tape was not! Corners and other seams of the airbox had numerous places where water could in...especially in a torrential downpour with the unit running...the fan spreads water omni-directionally !
Old 07-31-2016, 07:30 AM   #95

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
They were good...the ducting tape was not! Corners and other seams of the airbox had numerous places where water could in...especially in a torrential downpour with the unit running...the fan spreads water omni-directionally !
Jim, it can be a bit hard to follow some threads without an occasional update that is a bit more detailed than this one. I take it that you got up on the roof and took the covers off the A/C units? Water was getting into the controller located in the front of the unit?

Thanks for clarifying.

Rick Y
Old 07-31-2016, 04:21 PM   #96

I did remove the plastic cover. The air box ducting that connects to the a/c discharge that the cold air flows through had several areas where the tin foil backed ducting tape had deteriorated allowing water to get into the air flow duct. It did blow 60-70 MPH for several minutes and the rain was torrential at the same time. The a/c was running during this event. Water began to come out of my bedroom overhead a/c vents. When I secured the a/c the water stopped. I believe the fan was blowing the water in through the seams on the air box where the ducting tape had deteriorated. It is possible with that heavy rain and severe wind, the water came through the A/c unit ceiling penetration...I would have to remove the a/c to recaulk that...
Old 07-31-2016, 06:20 PM   #97

We had rain coming in thru the ceiling ducts but only when it was rain very hard and the fan/system was running.

We had gaskets replaced. Screws tightened. Tape applied all around. And it still leaked but only with heavy rain when running.

Was very hard to figure out, but replacing the small seal between the fan motor and the housing fixed it. (Long story to get to that point). 8333-383 was the part number from Coleman. Contact me if you want to discuss.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:28 PM   #98

By the way, I believe this part number would only apply to 2011 and 2012 units as before and after had different designs.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, upgrade, winnebago