Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #99

Winnebago Owners Club
Cabinet mod

For those like us that never use our desk here's what I did with that space, also we didn't need the table leaf either. Sorry pis 90 degrees off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160809_104130_001.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	135538   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160810_151327.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	135539  

D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 05:56 AM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
For those like us that never use our desk here's what I did with that space, also we didn't need the table leaf either. Sorry pis 90 degrees off.
Lovey job, Dana.

I use PhotoScape on my Windows 10 machine for photo editing. This is the best free photo editor I have ever used. http://downloadape.org/photoscape/wi...t=Photoscape+B
Hope this helps with your post of the future.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 08-11-2016, 07:05 AM   #101

Nice job...looks really great!
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
A photo host is nice, (I use Picturetrail), but for these i was able to rotate them with a photo editor and repost them.

Looks the same color wood as ours! I like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160809_104130_001.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	756.3 KB
ID:	135631   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160810_151327.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	694.9 KB
ID:	135632  

Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #103

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Brad, they were right side up on my phone but some how they fell on their side when I posted them.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:59 PM   #104

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Brad, they were right side up on my phone but some how they fell on their side when I posted them.
No problem. That happens with my phone too, a lot of times they are upside down even.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:26 PM   #105

Winnebago Owners Club
Brad I think that the Coffee Glazed Vienna Maple color was in about 80% of their Journey's between 2011 and 2013.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:51 PM   #106

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Brad I think that the Coffee Glazed Vienna Maple color was in about 80% of their Journey's between 2011 and 2013.
Interesting - I looked away from an Ellipse that had it because it looked awful in the Dealer pictures, but now that I've seen it in person and actually bought it in this Meridian, I really feel I missed out on that Ellipse! For us, its really a pleasing color.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
We made it to the GNR yesterday. We are waiting for an appointment at the factory shop. The line is long and the big crowd is not in yet.

Well, when we set up we braved a try at putting the slide in question out. Before it got too far into the process there was a loud bang. I gave a quick look outside and found nothing significant. The slide came back in and now we just wait for the shop to tell us what comes next.

We have Cornerstone for our extended warranty. So far they have been useless. They are very good at finding ways NOT to pay. I will try to get them to pick up the tab on this fix. My hopes are not high.

We came too close to having another insurance claim of the worst kind. A deer ran between us and an oncoming 18 wheeler. I was too busy recovering from the fright to think to look back to see if it made it all the way. The things that pass through ones mind at a moment like that are amazing. I am so glad that what could have been counts for nothing. Now our task is to enjoy the GNR. Took 1900 miles of adventures to get here.

Happy trails,
Rick Y

PS: For those with the roof ripple: I am going to have that looked at while here. Will post on that to.
Did you find out what was causing your slide problem Rick?
Brent
Old 08-24-2016, 05:56 AM   #108

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvWarner View Post
Did you find out what was causing your slide problem Rick?
Brent
Thanks for asking, Brent.

WiFi was terrible at the GNR. But, then, so was the service. It took 5 tries and 3 trouble tickets to get the slide fixed properly.

Power Gear slides are a good slide, in my opinion, if you maintain them correctly. A little CRC Power Lube with PTFE goes a long way.

Here is the simple story: In the original build, the pan that is at the floor outside edge, was installed wrong. It was put on top of the linoleum instead of being recessed to it. This caused the slide shoe to drag excessively, especially under the fridge. This stress was, over time, too much for the slide rail end bolts and they failed. Also, this un-smooth transition caused about a foot of both ends of the shoe to break off, compounding the drag problem.

Now to the factory fix: The first tech was not very experienced. He repaired the slide rail end but messed up the rail adjustment big time. He also replaced the broken shoe ends with the wrong product. This took 2 days and $1400. Because the dog's recent surgery got infected we had to refuse an appointment to correct the bad work and go to the back of the line. Now we are into week two and have missed much of the GNR because of the coach being in the shop and time at the vet.

When we finally got back in, 2 different guys came to put the "correct" parts in. When we got the coach back the slide was still not adjusted correctly, except now it was worse! When closed the fireplace end was touching the ceiling!!! And the was caused by "the floor being replaced with luan and the tile after the coach was built".(???) (Somehow I managed to get assigned to Dumb and Dumber and their dim boss.) The floor was original!!! The pan problem that these guys fixed correctly came from the original build. To top of the insult to my intelligence, my service manager told me that the slide adjustments I requested were not made because it was not on the ticket. I had told HIM about this problem and he did not do his job.

I have lost my sequence. At one point we were introduced to a very experienced tech. On day 5, three trouble tickets later and going to the end of the line for the latter 2, we got this good guy back. He put everything right and even replaced a broken wire caterpillar that should have been replaced during the original fix.

My advise to all with Power Gear slides is to check this floor pan. It is easy to do. Simply bring the slide in so that it is at the top of its rise and about to tip down. Look and feel for a smooth transition on the floor going out onto the pan (ramp). If the pan is "on" the floor covering get it recessed. It is worth the time and money.

Because this pan was installed wrong, grit would get trapped in that area and be dragged back by the shoe, scratching the floor. Where the shoe had broken, the bolts had dragged on the floor before I could attempt to correct them as best as I could. No tile is available any longer.

I hope I covered this in a logical manner. Oh yea. The dog is doing well. His knee is well healed and he is walking much better. Like all of us old folk, he still has problems getting into first gear.

Just a side note. Lippert and the other wall gear slide manufacture problems were a major issue. Most of the rigs in for service were to address these. The fix was to replace the whole slide track and guts with a new design. I have no idea if it is a better design or just a replacement "in hopes"... I'll stick with my Power Gear.

Happy trails all.

Rick Y
Old 08-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #109

Geez, it's too bad that you had to go through all that nonsense to get it sorted out Rick. Glad you got it fixed up in the end though. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to inspect mine shortly.
Brent
Old 08-25-2016, 05:18 AM   #110

Wow...I will check ours as well...this repair was done at the Winnebago factory? I would have hoped that they knew what they were doing...
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:53 AM   #111

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
Wow...I will check ours as well...this repair was done at the Winnebago factory? I would have hoped that they knew what they were doing...
Give up hope. There are only a few good techs left. The newer ones are all from the School of Dumb-down. Because I had met with the experienced tech on the first day I knew his name to request him back. Brian More I believe it was. One of the top techs left.

Let us know what you find. Just lift the carpet to the right of the fireplace and feel for a transition from the floor to the white tray. If you have bump there you should get it fixed. If you are not the first owner, check to make certain that your shoe end is still there. You need the slide in to see it.

Rick Y
Old 08-25-2016, 05:58 AM   #112

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvWarner View Post
Geez, it's too bad that you had to go through all that nonsense to get it sorted out Rick. Glad you got it fixed up in the end though. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to inspect mine shortly.
Brent
That is a big slide on your 42e. I hope yours is set up better than mine was. Have you had your slide tracks replaced yet? I guess it is a matter of when it will fail and not "might". Keep us posted to your findings. Thanks.

Rick Y

Tags
itasca, upgrade, winnebago