Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #197

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Man View Post
Motor homer, Would like info on replacing RiverPark Nav\Radio. Details please!

Just found this: Infotainment Center - RV Surplus Parts
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #198

We have developed the dreaded slide leak on the rear bedroom slide...installed a new side gasket correctly I think...and still leaking...I am beginning to think the bottom gasket may have failed...it looks deformed where the leak is coming through...anybody ever replace the bottom bed slide gasket? It does not look like fun...
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #199

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
We have developed the dreaded slide leak on the rear bedroom slide...installed a new side gasket correctly I think...and still leaking...I am beginning to think the bottom gasket may have failed...it looks deformed where the leak is coming through...anybody ever replace the bottom bed slide gasket? It does not look like fun...

Jim, which slide? Bed or vanity? Where on the slide is the problem showing?

The main purpose of the bottom gasket is critter and draft control. Only on the edges will water find its way in if the gasket is not positioned correctly.

One other question. Slides opened or closed?
Old 07-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #200

Hey Jeri
It’s the bed slide...aft most seal...drips right in on the carpet. We are at Tom Johnson’s in Marion and one of their Tecks replaced the top to bottom gasket. I watched him do it and believe he did it right...but still leaks...
Old 07-14-2018, 07:23 AM   #201

[QUOTE=Jim Estes;4289701]Hey Jeri
It’s the bed slide...aft most seal...drips right in on the carpet. We are at Tom Johnson’s in Marion and one of their Tecks replaced the top to bottom gasket. I watched him do it and believe he did it right...but still leaks...only with the slide extended. There is a slight deformity on the bottom seal that meets the side seal in the corner.

Also our bedroom A/C leaks drops of water out of the discharge vent only when it rains hard. Replaced the roof gasket and made sure the pump was working...but no joy. I suspect it is an internal problem somewhere...plan on replacing with a new one that is low profile
Old 07-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #202

Winnebago Owners Club
[QUOTE=Jim Estes;4290521]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
Hey Jeri
It’s the bed slide...aft most seal...drips right in on the carpet. We are at Tom Johnson’s in Marion and one of their Tecks replaced the top to bottom gasket. I watched him do it and believe he did it right...but still leaks...only with the slide extended. There is a slight deformity on the bottom seal that meets the side seal in the corner.

Also our bedroom A/C leaks drops of water out of the discharge vent only when it rains hard. Replaced the roof gasket and made sure the pump was working...but no joy. I suspect it is an internal problem somewhere...plan on replacing with a new one that is low profile

Jim, take a look here: Old issue. New fix... slide leak. - Page 3 - Winnebago Owners Online Community
Old 07-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #203

Wow...I am trying to attach a photo of current configuration of the new gasket...it wraps around as he d scribes
Old 07-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #204

Another try at posting a picture
Old 07-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #205

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Jim, we also had an AC leak. While replacing the motors ( 2 Phoenix summers killed them - schreaching whine - bearings) we noticed the gaskets where shot. The new ones that came with the motors fixed it. Cool, quiet, and dry...
Old 07-29-2018, 08:38 AM   #206

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by motohomer View Post
Jim, we also had an AC leak. While replacing the motors ( 2 Phoenix summers killed them - schreaching whine - bearings) we noticed the gaskets where shot. The new ones that came with the motors fixed it. Cool, quiet, and dry...

Did you do the work yourself?

Does anyone know how these things are attached? I have read that they can be "tuned" to reduce telegraphed noise.

I am getting a bit of moisture from them at times. I might be looking at new gaskets at some point.

Does this topic fall under "upgrades" or maintenance? I hope we are staying in the bounds of the rules here. (One thing I am enjoying is that we are all talking the same rig. No confusion.)
Old 07-30-2018, 05:58 PM   #207

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We had someone install them. But should have done it ourselves.
And we will be. Only did the 2 fronts, but this morning the back one was leaking - too much rain in Myrtle Beach now. Or you jinxed us

Part # 1468b3239 - want the 'B', 'A' is gone.
Anyway, got them at RV upgrades:
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Colem...-p/70-4139.htm
was $136, now more.
Makarios has them cheaper and a little diagram
https://www.makariosrv.com/coleman-a...tor-1468b3239/

googling will get diagrams & videos
http://www.arvparts.com/coleman_mach...-879_parts.pdf
Old 07-30-2018, 06:05 PM   #208

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
forgot to mention, the top screws are easy, the side ones are behind the u bracket & require a Phillip's bit in a socket wrench.
Just remove the top panel under the fan - its attached to it. leave the other end alone. lift up carefully as the bottom fan is attached too.

You may also notice loose silver tape around the insulation. if its not secure, it will get caught in the fan and spray silver shreds in the house...
Old 09-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #209

Winnebago Owners Club
Has anyone gone from a 275/80 22.5 to 295/75 22,5 on your 40U? If so how did it work out? Did it fit and how was the ride?
Old 09-10-2018, 06:49 AM   #210

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Man View Post
Has anyone gone from a 275/80 22.5 to 295/75 22,5 on your 40U? If so how did it work out? Did it fit and how was the ride?
Yes. No problem. Toyo M-154 146/143L.
Love the ride. 120psi cold rated. I put 110psi for the correct load value. Gets away from the max load of the Michelin's and costs much less. I also put Tire Balancers, Tire Balancing, Wheel Balancer and Wheel Balancing from Centramatic on the wheels.

Rick

Tags
itasca, upgrade, winnebago