Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2021, 09:31 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Post Jensen Dash Radio Replacement

Jensen Dash Radio Replacement

I am looking for more information to update the stereo on my 2013 Winnebago Vista 26he. Here is what I am looking to do:
  1. Replace the Jensen JCD2010 1din with a Pioneer AVH-3500NEX
    * I need to figure out the wiring diagram of the coach to make the cable
    * Got 12 and 4 Way Way TYCO Mate N Lok Electrical Wiring Multi Connector
    * - Can't remember which forum I found saying that the chassis of the coach uses this
    * Have not taken the radio off was wishing to make the replacement harness ahead of time.
    * I have the Pioneer wire, would like to make a new wire with the connector to the chassis in case I decide to revert back to the Jensen stereo
  1. Connect the TV to the stereo. (Pioneer supports multiple inputs and outputs)
    * Currently the coach speakers are not connected to the TV
    * Would like to connect the stereo with the tv, so I can play DVD on the radio and it would come out on the TV.
    * Also would like the TV audio to come out on the coach speakers, which are much better then the TV itself
  1. Would like to update the TV to a 12v TV that has 12v and 110 capabilities to run when dry camping. That way I could switch to whichever would be more convenient at that moment
    * Another possibility is to add an inverter, but then there is always a energy loss vs something that is made to run 12v. Specially if the tv is the only thing we need an inverter for.

Have anybody made any modification like those that could help?

Thanks,
Jason

Jensen JCD2010:

Pioneer AVH-3500NEX

12 Way Way TYCO Mate N Lok Electrical Wiring Multi Connector

4 Way Way TYCO Mate N Lok Electrical Wiring Multi Connector

Pioneer AVH-3500NEX Harness

Manual Pioneer AVH-3500NEX Harness
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/S...nual111020.pdf

Wiring Harness code for JENSEN JCD2010 jcd2010_owners_manual.pdf
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/79...10.html?page=5
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2021, 02:54 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
See if you an download the wiring diagrams from Winnebago web site. As far as the inverter that is the way to go so you don't have to add a bunch of switches that you have to remember to turn off, that is as long as you tap into the 12vdc power after the Coach isolation switch. Besides getting an AC tv would be easier to replace if it goes out on you and would be much cheaper than a 12vdc one. Besides on the inside of them most are 12vdc anyway.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:42 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Make an adapter cable from your Pioneer connector to the coach connector? You can get the wiring diagram for Jensen on line, if you don't have it. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/79...?page=5#manual
The TV - I replaced my heavy Jensen AC powered TV with a 32" Samsung, powered by a factory adapter power power brick. The brick is labled, 110-240V-50/60Hz input (for connection to AC power) and 19V DC output to the TV - I bought a dc/dc converter to take the coach ~12V to 19V and run it off the house batteries when I have no AC hookup. It draws ~2A or less on the DC side. The new edge lit LED TV is much lighter as well.

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:33 AM   #4

I know my Insignia tv says 12v input right on the input plugin.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:05 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
See if you an download the wiring diagrams from Winnebago web site. As far as the inverter that is the way to go so you don't have to add a bunch of switches that you have to remember to turn off, that is as long as you tap into the 12vdc power after the Coach isolation switch. Besides getting an AC tv would be easier to replace if it goes out on you and would be much cheaper than a 12vdc one. Besides on the inside of them most are 12vdc anyway.

Hello SuperGewl,

Thank you for the advise...

I am working on the diagrams... the newer Winnebago diagrams require a browser plug in that only works on windows... so I have not been able to get to those just yet...

I understand... connecting a inverter was my first option... until I though trough what I needed to power and it boiled down to tv and microwave... because one can do basically everything on the rage/stove as on the microwave I had eliminated the microwave from the list and only had the tv left... then I was not sure was worth paying several hundred dollars for inverter when simply changing the tv may do the trick or putting a smaller inverter just for the tv...
Old 01-24-2021, 10:12 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil-t View Post
Make an adapter cable from your Pioneer connector to the coach connector? You can get the wiring diagram for Jensen on line, if you don't have it. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/79...?page=5#manual
The TV - I replaced my heavy Jensen AC powered TV with a 32" Samsung, powered by a factory adapter power power brick. The brick is labled, 110-240V-50/60Hz input (for connection to AC power) and 19V DC output to the TV - I bought a dc/dc converter to take the coach ~12V to 19V and run it off the house batteries when I have no AC hookup. It draws ~2A or less on the DC side. The new edge lit LED TV is much lighter as well.

Hello,

Have you got to the radio? Do I just pull it out? Or do I open the console some how?

That is interesting about the tv! I have one that is 14v looked in ebay and don’t find anything out of the box 14v... But that is a good idea...

I don’t think my coach is wired from the radio to the tv... so I will have to figure out how to hat those wires going so I can have the tv audio going trough the radio...

Thank you for the help!
Old 01-24-2021, 10:13 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by David 70 View Post
I know my Insignia tv says 12v input right on the input plugin.

Yes! There are some models that are 12v... Just need to find the right one!
Old 01-24-2021, 10:42 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club

Hello!
Great News! From Another post I was able to find the wiring diagram for the coach

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_181072.pdf

:( However on that diagram it doesn’t tell me what wires connect to what on the chassis... just shows numbers... very annoying...

Here is the link for the PDF not 3D version of the documents ( very helpful)

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...ldeviceType=ie
Old 01-25-2021, 04:49 AM   #9

Jason-

The "Body, 12V Wiring Diagram" for your coach (link here) sheet 3, zone D-15, shows the 12-pin connector to the radio.

In a quick look, I could not find the 4-pin connector on that diagram.

The "secret decoder ring," which lists the circuit codes and their endpoints, is the Wiring Identification Guide, link here. Winnebago should have printed the circuit codes on the wires every foot or so, so that should help you figure out the wiring to the 4-pin connector.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:25 AM   #10

Have you considered contacting a supplier like Crutchfield? They carry a large selection of adapter cables - I've used their products in the past to replace a factory car stereo with an aftermarket one, and it made the process plug 'n play.

I'd suggest called them to see if they have an adapter to go from your present stereo to the one you want to install. It would give you a starting point.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, dash, replace, radio, ace