Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2005, 03:40 AM   #41
Winnebago Camper

I inspected my 04 Journey yesterday and sure enough the metal screws are sticking out of the electrical compartment pointing toward the muffler but it looks like there is about an inch of space between the pointed end of the screws and the muffler. The muffler seems very solid, not moving at all so I would not think I have a problem. Do you all agree with that?
Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #42

lake,

The muffler hanger is very solid and your very lucky you have the extra distance. I know of a few people who wrote me off site about the same situation, they cut the screws off as close to the compartment as they could, just so they wouldn't have to even think about having a problem later. You might want to call Winnebago and get their point of view 800-537-1885. When you find out, come back and let us know what they said.

Tomcat F15
Replying from misty and 69 degree Port Aransas TX
Old 01-10-2005, 12:49 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

I have tried to call Winnebago to get their advice regarding this subject, but just like nearly every other business one tries to call these days, I got a recording and numerous recorded messages instructing me to contact my selling dealer. I never did get to speak to a human being and finally, after what seemed like hours, I gave up. I wonder if everyone else is as sick of businesses using voice recordings as I am. IMHO if businesses would hire enough people to service their customers, instead of relying on voice recordings, there would be no unemployment problems at all in this country.
Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #44

Lake,

If you don't succeed the first day, try-try again. It will be worth the extra effort and I sure would like to hear what they say, if they will say anything. Heres another toll free number for you to try
866-311-7133 and as for Marv or Kurt

Tomcat F15