RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2020, 04:30 PM   #1

Smile Keyless Entry for 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE

I would like to have a keyless entry with fob installed on my 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE.
Can someone suggest what would fit?
Thanks so much
Venner5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just a suggestion that you could call the Winnebago Help Number at 800-537-1885 and see if they have an answer for you. They have been very helpful to me over past years.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 04:50 PM   #3

I have a 2017 Vista 29ve, and I installed a TriMark keyless entry system. It it the same system that is installed in some high end DPs. A bit of work to install. Biggest part is installing the actuator in the door.

https://www.trimarkcorp.com/mobile/EaskUm.asp
corvetteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvetteSS View Post
I have a 2017 Vista 29ve, and I installed a TriMark keyless entry system. It it the same system that is installed in some high end DPs. A bit of work to install. Biggest part is installing the actuator in the door.

Yep, that's what came on my MH. It failed in 2013, Camping World installed the new model it its place. There are wiring harness adapters available.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:00 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

About how much investment and do you think it was worth it?

I would love to see pictures. I have 2019 29VE. I just recently had 3 extra sets of all of my keys made. I would love to see how the actuator works with both the door lock and the deadbolt lock, or is it only deadbolt lock?

Also, the inside door locking latch is kind of flimsy and not very intuitive. I once locked myself out of coach because as I opened the door one morning, with the angle of the steps I inadvertently pushed the red level locking it while I was swinging the door open and of course when door shut it was locked

Luckily my wife was inside. I now store one set of all of my keys outside in one of those combination locking key containers.
2019 Sunstar 29VE Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; EC-30 AGS Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi EX7300; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:19 AM   #6

Well I installed this about 2 years ago, and the prices may be different, but I remember that all the parts (Controller,Actuator,wire, door contacts, lock switch for dash, actuator cover, paint, and silicone sealant) was under $300. You can add alarm stuff, doorbells, multiple actuators, just a bunch of things if you wish. I just like to be able to use the keypad for opening and locking the door when camping, and we never carry they keys around. I remember finding some pictures of the door, (as that is what I followed) on the internet. I will look for pics of mine. (Yes there are FOBs too. We just seem to use the keypad most often)
Old 08-31-2020, 09:21 PM   #7

I did mine too. Same door handle setup, Trimark 30-900. I used a Ford system, got the parts at the junkyard.

Haven't carried a key since I did it, very nice.

I posted some pictures in this thread of the actuator Winnebago used in the View/Navion. I copied that setup.

And I agree, not easy but you'd never know I added mine. Looks factory.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:35 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
I did mine too. Same door handle setup, Trimark 30-900. I used a Ford system, got the parts at the junkyard.

Haven't carried a key since I did it, very nice.

I posted some pictures in this thread of the actuator Winnebago used in the View/Navion. I copied that setup.

And I agree, not easy but you'd never know I added mine. Looks factory.
Thanks. From the picture it seems like it controls the existing lower lock on the door and NOT the deadbolt lock? Does the OEM key and factory manual lever still work to lock and unlock? Does the keypad light up?

I am assuming if you lock the deadbolt; then entry is not possible even with the key code or fob?

If I assume parts are $300; how many hours would you say it takes for a dealer to install? I am guessing 2 hours at $225 so a ROM estimate is to have this installed is about $750?

We don't have to carry keys because we have a heavy duty key case with push button combination lock. It is always accessible from outside of coach (Propane compartment) when we camp. But normally my wife and I both have a key.

This sounds like a nice to have; but I have yet to visualize how it would work on our existing door? I have zero intent of trying to do myself; so it makes it expensive enough to pause.
2019 Sunstar 29VE Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; EC-30 AGS Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi EX7300; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-01-2020, 05:37 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Well I installed this about 2 years ago, and the prices may be different, but I remember that all the parts (Controller,Actuator,wire, door contacts, lock switch for dash, actuator cover, paint, and silicone sealant) was under $300. You can add alarm stuff, doorbells, multiple actuators, just a bunch of things if you wish. I just like to be able to use the keypad for opening and locking the door when camping, and we never carry they keys around. I remember finding some pictures of the door, (as that is what I followed) on the internet. I will look for pics of mine. (Yes there are FOBs too. We just seem to use the keypad most often)
Thank you. See my questions in #8
Old 09-01-2020, 06:43 AM   #10

Right, Winnebago and I hooked up to the lock lever where Trimark provided linkage to do that. Deadbolt works independently.

To do my installation would take a dealer many, many hours. I removed the door, partly disassembled it, and bored holes in the foam to run wires to the jamb contacts. My installation gave me good access to the jamb and area behind the keypad. Not sure what it might be like in your motorhome.

Here's some pictures of my installation.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:50 AM   #11

Running wires, and cutting/boring holes in the door is very time consuming. I think I spent 6 hours just doing that. This included mounting the keypad on the coach, as well as installing the door contacts. Then making the actuator mounting bracket, and installing the actuator took a few hours. I also ran a wire/installed a lock switch on the dash, so I can lock the door from the drivers seat. If you only want the FOB (no keypad, or extra stuff) and just installing the door actuator and contacts, and you didn't have to make any parts (like covers, brackets, and painting) you could probably do this in 6 hours. But that's just me. Others may take longer. I wish Winnebago just made the door with all the cutouts and pre-drilled the holes. Then this would be a lot easier, What I can say is that I don't think anyone could do this in 2 hours.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:34 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Right, Winnebago and I hooked up to the lock lever where Trimark provided linkage to do that. Deadbolt works independently.

To do my installation would take a dealer many, many hours. I removed the door, partly disassembled it, and bored holes in the foam to run wires to the jamb contacts. My installation gave me good access to the jamb and area behind the keypad. Not sure what it might be like in your motorhome.

Here's some pictures of my installation.
Man this is most impressive

This post is a keeper although it clarifies for me that I can't try to do on my own. I can't cut into my new coach, I would be nervous of screwing something up

I could use this for a guide for a Dealer or RV mechanic that may quote what they would charge.

Thanks for sharing and I am just at awe at your work and documentation.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:40 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Running wires, and cutting/boring holes in the door is very time consuming. I think I spent 6 hours just doing that. This included mounting the keypad on the coach, as well as installing the door contacts. Then making the actuator mounting bracket, and installing the actuator took a few hours. I also ran a wire/installed a lock switch on the dash, so I can lock the door from the drivers seat. If you only want the FOB (no keypad, or extra stuff) and just installing the door actuator and contacts, and you didn't have to make any parts (like covers, brackets, and painting) you could probably do this in 6 hours. But that's just me. Others may take longer. I wish Winnebago just made the door with all the cutouts and pre-drilled the holes. Then this would be a lot easier, What I can say is that I don't think anyone could do this in 2 hours.
You guys are simply out of my league on this mod.

If I were to do (pay someone), I would certainly want the keypad. Having the fob alone is not that much of an advantage to me. Fobs are too big to fit in my steel key case so I am prolly okay with current practice. It is prolly a $2,500 for Dealer; so I think I see why Winnebago didn't add to to the 29VE. Maybe they should have pre-prep the doors and panel for keypad

Tags
winnebago