Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #1

Keyless Entry Help?

I own a 2003 Winnebago Journey DL Diesel Pusher. The keyless entry actuator (Black box) has failed and is not available from Winnebago.
Is there an OEM product available?

Any heip would be appreciated.

Big DW
Big DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Way back in 09, I replaced mine with a cheap imported Keyless entry system from e-bay.
I will look for the thread. In the meanwhile a good Elect Tech or Alarm installer should be able to convert yours. I have some prints and wiring dia. I can email. All out of posting room!

missing link

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ule-74709.html

The ASTRA 50 is no longer available, but most any system with a trunk or aux will work.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #3

Yes, this Winnebago keyless entry thread has a wealth of information.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:47 PM   #4

Try looking for RV salvage yards. There is one in Phoenix called AZ RV Salvage. You might get lucky and find the part you are looking for.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:01 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Can I ask how you determined that the 'black box' was bad, as opposed to a problem with the fobs and/or keypad?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Can I ask how you determined that the 'black box' was bad, as opposed to a problem with the fobs and/or keypad?
As well as corroded door contacts..

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:23 PM   #7
DHE

Contact RVLOCK.com. Keyless entry for most models. Great customer service. I have this on my 2015 Destination Fifth Wheel.
DHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #8

This may be a dumb question but we just bought a 14 Meridian 42E and come with 3 keyless entry fobs and when I click any of them they do make the lights like on any car that I've owned but they're not locking or unlocking the door. So what are they for then?
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:28 PM   #9

DW hasn't returned since posting his question, wonder if he got it working?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 03-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #10

I bought a replacement from Trimark and then bought the replacement wiring harness directly from Winnebago. Been several years but, as I recall, the replacement from Trimark was about $100.00 and the wiring harness from Winnebago to incorporate the new module was around $106.00. Easy to replace -- took about 30 minutes as the remotes were already programed to the module by Trimark.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
I bought a replacement from Trimark and then bought the replacement wiring harness directly from Winnebago. Been several years but, as I recall, the replacement from Trimark was about $100.00 and the wiring harness from Winnebago to incorporate the new module was around $106.00. Easy to replace -- took about 30 minutes as the remotes were already programed to the module by Trimark.
That's exactly what Camping World did to our MH.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:30 AM   #12

Good & Not So Good Information Is Understandable

This post is meant to summarize all that I have come across on this subject, but sadly I do not have an "ideal solution" to my failing keyless entry system.

My 2004 Itasca "Horizon" 40AD uses a SCS-Frigette Keyless Entry System #102756-03 with FCC: G57ITX318 frequency range of 317.5-318.5 MHz.

BUT... This is not the same system as the late model 2004 Itasca "Horizon" systems; and it would appear from my research that all 2004 Winnebago Vectra coaches (the Horizon sister ship) all got the newer Winnebago Keyless Entry Modules #151458 or #176367.

The point of having a old sytem (pre or post 2004) maybe mute anyway, because all these old system are CRAP! The frequency drift is horrible and the electronics is old and unreliable. So if you have a non-functioning old Keyless Entry System, I would not recommend spending money to fix it.

...So stop focusing on the fix to what you have and I implore everyone to start thinking about what type of new module you can can buy to upgrade your Keyless Entry System... and keep your wire harness "as-is".

The post 2004 systems CAN use a Trimark replacement Keyless Entry System (Part #22316-02) and presumably you will NOT have to change your wire harness. Just plug and play.

However, if you have an early SCS-Frigette Keyless Entry System (Early 2004 and pre-2004) like me, then you can still use the TriMark #22316-02, but you will have to cut the wire harness and then "hardwire" this TriMark system into your existing wiring... BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO... when you might as well buy a cheaper and just as reliable car Keyless Entry System off Ebay? Especially, if you have to cut and hardwire this system?

SEE ATTACHED .PDF FOR 2004/2005 #22316-02 wiring diagram.

UNFORTUNATELY, I do do not have a wiring diagram for the early model #102756-03 SCS-Frigette Keyless Entry System. So you you have this pin-out, please share it will all of us!

BUT NOW CONSIDER THIS... I understand this same #102756-03 system (the one with at G57ITX318 frequency range of 317.5-318.5 MHz.) was also used in the Canada Isusu 1995 car, and it was used in the 1996-1998 Mazda Protege cars. ...So, I am am hoping I can buy one of these Keyless Entry Modules this summer, and then confirm if one of these modules is a pin-for-pin replacement for my 2004 SCS-Frigette module? It should be. And if it does work then the new key fobs should also work. (TBD)

Anyway... I have not proved this this concept, but I hope to.

Until then, if anyone has a definitive solution for us "Early 2004" Itasca/Winnebago owners, let's hear it... and please include a wiring diagram, because none exists to my knowledge.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post

BUT NOW CONSIDER THIS... I understand this same #102756-03 system (the one with at G57ITX318 frequency range of 317.5-318.5 MHz.) was also used in the Canada Isusu 1995 car, and it was used in the 1996-1998 Mazda Protege cars. ...So, I am am hoping I can buy one of these Keyless Entry Modules this summer, and then confirm if one of these modules is a pin-for-pin replacement for my 2004 SCS-Frigette module? It should be. And if it does work then the new key fobs should also work. (TBD)

Anyway... I have not proved this this concept, but I hope to.
In my keyless entry project, I found out that Prevost used the same keyless entry system as Ford did. So I'd agree it's possible SCS Frigrette used some of the same parts Mazda and Isuzu used, good find.

When I was doing my research, google came first, but I also found out as a Michigan Resident I had access to wiring diagrams (and service manuals) via the Michigan Electronic library. It was great to be able to look up various car's wiring diagrams to compare. You may have similar access at your local library to find some Mazda or Isuzu wiring diagrams.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Excellent writeup on the issue. I have the same problem.

Per other threads on the subject, if you remove the Frigatte SCS box from the bay wall, there might be a wiring pin-out label on the box itself. I have not verified this but you might want to look.

Also, as an FYI, at the bottom of the same hinged panel bay behind the fuses, there are a series of relays. Hard to see due to all the cables. Several of these are what the Frigatte box "talks" to for door and compartment lock/unlock. This can be found in your wiring diagram, page 74 on mine.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote