Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #1

kwikee level best control unit

we live in spain and I am trying to track down a good source for replacement control unit for the level best 2000 system installed on our sightseer. The current control unit is dated april2008 does anyone know if there is any warranty on these units(fitted by previous owner) as kwikee has been taken Cheers
campoverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Before you buy a new control board you might want to try resetting it by removing the board and unplugging the connector for 30 seconds or so.

If that doesn't work you can get a control board at Winnebago & Itasca Motorhomes, Iowa RV Dealer - North Iowa GM Dealer - Lichtsinn Motors
They are a Winnebago dealer a few blocks from the factory in Forrest City and I have had good service from them.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #3

thanks but was the first thing I tried. Swapping varoius cables over proved hydraulics and solenoids worked Then buzzed out cabels in problem areas all ok only thing left is the control unit. Taking it aport this unit was fitted in april 2008 so this looks as if its the second one thats failed(Rv is 2005 sightseer) So are these units fragile?
I have emailed your recommended supplier thanks for the contact.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had one fail while still under warranty (2004) and then it failed last year. That's too often in my opinion.
They are also way too expensive - I think I paid over $300 dollars for mine. Usually I remember prices but I guess I blocked that one out.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #5

thats whats worrying me spending load of money on delicate electronics that won't last very long. I've tracked down a circuit for a non electronic unit that I think I will check out properly . Still thinking what to do. Has anyone ever found out what the failure is caused by eg from an external spike or just a common component ?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know what failed on mine.
The controller IC had a Kwikee part number on it and I couldn't check it. The FETs and other parks I could check, checked okay. Like most boards today it's pretty hard to troubleshoot them unless you have a schematic and part numbers.
Although I had bad luck with two controller boards I don't read or hear about many of them failing - that's the good news.

It would be pretty easy to design a circuit using mostly diodes. FETS and maybe a few logic gates. The logic would help with the safety lockouts and maybe the two at a time ram activation. The switches could be done with mechanical momentary push-buttons - not as sexy but sure more reliable.

The problems implementing the design would probably be locating the right connector to mate with the existing one and identifying which wires connect to which solenoids. On my installation the solenoid and pump are a little hard to get to.