Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2016, 05:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leak over entrance door

2007 winnebago journey
Above door I the wall is all bubbled out and water wiil drip down through the screen door frame it's been going on for a few years but getting worse. This happens when I am tilted towards the door side .When I'm tilted towards the drivers side it will leak through the molding up against the top of the windshield. I have caulked the marked lights I have taken the rubber strip on top of the windshield and caulked there. The roof looks perfectly. I have caulked above the door awning.Has anyone had a similar problem or some ideas. Thanks
sdrtile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:19 AM   #2
GG1
Winnie-Wise

water leak

The mounting area of the door awning is a known problem area. There are a few screws that hold the mounting channel in place that need to be caulked. Also the mounting channel itself should be caulked where it sits against the coach.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for some reason they have 2 rivets in this awning and not screws like the installation manual says. Bit I did caulk above it. Water problems suck
sdrtile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Check the area above the door where the front cap joins the roof and the side gutter area. Everything comes together there, and is prone to leaks. Excellent place to use eternabond tape across the whole front cap seam.
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:17 AM   #5
GG1
Winnie-Wise

sdrtile,,,, thats correct there are pop rivets also in mine not screws
Old 06-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We had a leak in our Vectra above the door. Found out the water leaked in upstream through the middle of where the awning is attached. Eternabonded the whole length of the awning bracket to roof line, no more leak. Decided to use the tape on all the rooflines. Perfect.
Grenadiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THutch View Post
Check the area above the door where the front cap joins the roof and the side gutter area. Everything comes together there, and is prone to leaks. Excellent place to use eternabond tape across the whole front cap seam.

This was my experience on my 2007 Journey also. Since I was at the factory for other work I had them do the caulking they recommend and no more leaks since.
slapfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, leak