Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2021, 02:39 PM   #1

Leveling Jacks

I have a 2006 Winnebago Tour. My rear two leveling jacks have blown seals and need to be replaced. I was told it would take at least 6-8 weeks to get the replacement (HDW) jacks. To date is has been 6-8 MONTHS and still no replacement jacks. The shop keeps calling the factory and the factory says they are checking on why the delay...but they never reply with an answer. Is anyone experiencing the same delays. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks...
Tigrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2021, 03:03 PM   #2

Find a local hydraulics shop and have the jacks rebuilt
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:04 PM   #3

Onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrbob View Post
I have a 2006 Winnebago Tour. My rear two leveling jacks have blown seals and need to be replaced. I was told it would take at least 6-8 weeks to get the replacement (HDW) jacks. To date is has been 6-8 MONTHS and still no replacement jacks. The shop keeps calling the factory and the factory says they are checking on why the delay...but they never reply with an answer. Is anyone experiencing the same delays. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks...
The Previous post is correct, a good hydraulic repair shop would have no problem rebuilding those cylinders. Their is no reason it should take more than a couple weeks in a good shop it's not a complicated repair.
Good luck
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:19 AM   #4

I had my right rear cylinder blow out after an early spring trip this year. Removed and took to a local hydraulic shop to rebuild. Cost was $250.

Talking to my neighbor, he informed me he rebuilds cylinders at work and can do the remaining three. I remove them and we rebuild them. Cost $290 to have the seal kits made and a case of beer for the labor.

No leaks after at night trip, only issue now is the left front cylinder is slow returning. Will replace return springs.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210520_112419.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	336723
moblguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:02 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Call HWH directly. I don't have the number handy, bot look them up in Moscow, IA. They've helped me greatly in the past
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moblguy View Post
I had my right rear cylinder blow out after an early spring trip this year. Removed and took to a local hydraulic shop to rebuild. Cost was $250.

Talking to my neighbor, he informed me he rebuilds cylinders at work and can do the remaining three. I remove them and we rebuild them. Cost $290 to have the seal kits made and a case of beer for the labor.

No leaks after at night trip, only issue now is the left front cylinder is slow returning. Will replace return springs.Attachment 336723
Hi moblguy
I've mentioned this before to other posts before you change the spring crack the return line and see if that piston returns normally may have a blockage in line or a mechanical issue with jack. I say this as someone else replaced all springs and still had a problem with one piston.
Good Luck
Onebrit
Old 07-26-2021, 02:37 PM   #7

Onebrit,

Both rear jacks have updated return springs. Both front jacks have the old style. In discussion with my neighbor he thought the same to check the return fluid. But he also suggeted swapping a set of springs from back to front first to see if any change before ordering new springs.

Thanks
Moblguy
moblguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:56 PM   #8

Smile Onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by moblguy View Post
Onebrit,

Both rear jacks have updated return springs. Both front jacks have the old style. In discussion with my neighbor he thought the same to check the return fluid. But he also suggeted swapping a set of springs from back to front first to see if any change before ordering new springs.

Thanks
Moblguy
I was just trying to help as I deal with a lot of Hydraulic cylinder issues on Machine tools and have to be sure that change over Solenoid valve is operating and we have correct pressure if all checks ok then confirming free movement is a must. Point is with regards to spring return systems such as RV jacks checking its mechanical function at least eliminates that as a potential problem, just wanted to know if you confirmed jack can move freely with out any potential back pressure resulting in slow or blocked return line.
Good Luck Kindest Regards
Onebrit
Old 07-27-2021, 05:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrbob View Post

Thanks...
Winnebago will not answer you or anybody period
garygalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:40 PM   #10

My vote goes to local hydraulic shop. New cylinders for our 2006 Sightseer (Kwikee Level best) were being quoted at $1,300 each, and up. We had all four rebuilt for around $600. No issues so far.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:01 PM   #11

Hyd legs

I live in ft.lauderdale Fl.does anyone know of a good Hyd.shop to rebuild my levelbest legs there rear ones leaking thought I might have all 4 rebuild.
tedskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
My vote goes to local hydraulic shop. New cylinders for our 2006 Sightseer (Kwikee Level best) were being quoted at $1,300 each, and up. We had all four rebuilt for around $600. No issues so far.
I also have problems with my 2007 kwikee 3000 level best jacks. I am told by Lippert that the jacks are welded and are not rebuildable. This goes for lippert part number 359278. A 10K lb jack.
Jasper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper47 View Post
I also have problems with my 2007 kwikee 3000 level best jacks. I am told by Lippert that the jacks are welded and are not rebuildable. This goes for lippert part number 359278. A 10K lb jack.
I think what Lippert really means to say is that they don't repair them. It's probably because they don't actually build them but rather have it done by a subcontractor.

The vast majority of hydraulic cylinders are welded. They're much less expensive to manufacture than those with end blocks and tie rods. The only limiting factor would be if the seals and wipers are an odd size specific to their application. I doubt that's the case.

Even if you take them to a hydraulics shop and they find a problem that does makes them unable to be rebuilt you're only out the money it takes to cut them open and inspect them.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:06 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a problem with my rear jacks, the RV repair place in The Villages quoted 2 men 25 hours to fix it. Brought my RV to HWH in Iowa took them 3 hours cost me 225.00 and they rebuilt one of the cylinders in house. Call them for an appointment
Larryg17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks