Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The leveling jacks were bought from Lichtsin (? spelling) Motors in Forest City Iowa. They basically take orders for Winnebago and then it gets drop-shipped to the customer. They were around $500 each and one has to re-use the old up-sensing modules screwed into the top of the cylinder.

The bypass switch is a real safety issue. It serves the same purpose as the park brake switch, except the brake does not get applied, only the controller thinks it is. You have to figure it out yourself. I do not want to be responsible for jacks on the ground at 60 mph. A safety flip cover helps. When my light came on, I was able to simulate park brake application and activate the "all up" function. Then it became excessive, and they also leaked, so I replaced both. That is how it should be.

Make sure you have the front on fixed Jacks and a hydraulic lift jack dolly under the cylinder. The cylinder is very heavy and can cause injury if dropped on any part of the body.

Be ready to place threaded caps on the cylinder fittings after disconnecting the hydraulic hoses to prevent oil all over the place.

Lots of luck. It is a real bear buster job.
garyspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #16

Jacks

I have 2004 sightseer All the Jacks were either leaking or getting ready to. I got four on ebay they were in the 380.00 range. They were identical to the old ones. Has been about 1 year and they have worked as they should
I M Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #17

garyspang, when you say 'all up' function, is that the same as the 'stow' function.
I think on my coach I can select 'stow' without the park brake applied. The reason I think that is because in my slightly faded memory I think I had a jack come down a bit because of heat (whilst we were driving). That got my full attention and I think all I did was press the 'stow' button to let the jack back up.
Stan
Old 10-03-2018, 10:39 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
yes, I think they are the same, except yours do not have an interlock with the parking brake. the latter prevents any operator initiated jack action unless the RV is parked.
garyspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:21 AM   #19

I don't know how you guys find prices like that
Lippert told me that I either need 359275 or 359278 model (need to measure to find out) and they want about $1200 for a single one. I found some on ebay around $850.
Ctrl-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:07 AM   #20

I looked up the jacks that I bought they have nearly doubled in price. I used 139641-01-710 or kwikee 1905200 now 575 plus shipping.
I M Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #21

Over the years I've noticed that very often owners say they got their jacks reworked at a local hydraulic shop. And as I recall, it was usually under $100 per jack. So something to consider if you have a leaking jack.

I've was lucky in that ATF Stop Leak worked great at stopping any leaks I had in my Power Gear system.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
just ordered the wrench. I have leaking right front level best 3000. Leaking from the top of leveler. any updated ideas folks?
car54don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Level best

If you are leaking from the top check the limit switch o ring, make sure it is tight and also check top hose fitting, jam nut may loosen and there is o ring there also
51chevy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #24

I also would like to know the seal part numbers. Both Kwikee Level Best 3000 rear jacks leaking badly at the shaft seals, One seal is actually sticking out of the jack bottom. Jst purchased the 2004 Winnebago Sightseer for travel with an invalid wife and cannot currently use the leveling system due to the leaking rear jacks.
Steamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer1 View Post
I also would like to know the seal part numbers. Both Kwikee Level Best 3000 rear jacks leaking badly at the shaft seals, One seal is actually sticking out of the jack bottom. Jst purchased the 2004 Winnebago Sightseer for travel with an invalid wife and cannot currently use the leveling system due to the leaking rear jacks.
Our Kwikee jacks started leaking at the bottom seals a couple of years ago. For whatever reason, the thought never occurred to me that I could simply replace the bottom seal. I know the jacks are not rebuildable, at least not easily, so I bit the bullet, ordered and replaced them myself.

But now that you asked, I wonder if there is a possibility I could have just replaced that seal somehow. Would bet not but hopefully someone who knows can give us a yes or no.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:05 PM   #26

My two rear jacks starting leaking badly a couple years ago and according to my research at the time, the only realistic solution was complete replacement, which I did last winter. I ended up saving them in case the fronts go bad and someone comes up with a logical way to just replace the seals. I asked the guys at a local machine shop, who can usually fix just about anything, and they said no unfortunately. FYI, the new jacks are about $600 each! The installation was easy however unless you happen to have bad rust on the mounting bolts.
Dive in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:39 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Leveling Jacks Replacement, Front

The leak I had on the kwikee 3000, was on the top of the leveler at the sensor. Some research and help from this forum I removed sensor and discovered no o ring. Local shop specializes in o ring and the repair completed. o ring = 50c. The wrench was $10.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leak kwikee 3000.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	267853   Click image for larger version

Name:	sensor   see o ring.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	267854  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sensor removal.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	267855  
car54don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #28

Our front Kwikee Level Best 3000 leveling jacks have been repaired in the past by an unknown facility or person before we purchased our used 2004 Winnebago Sightseer a couple of months ago. Unlike the repair in this discussion, where the top section of the jack was removed, the lower section of the front jacks closest to the feet containing the shaft seal were removed, apparently by machining them off using a lathe. The shaft seals were replaced and then the lower section was welded back on to the middle section of the jack cylinder. There are currently no leaks in those two front jacks. If I can obtain the seal part numbers for the rear jacks, I am going to have the same repair done to the rear jacks by a local machine shop.
Steamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, replacement, replace, ace